Fwd: I fly the SparrowHawk

Old May 24th 04, 01:44 AM
BTIZ

Default Fwd: I fly the SparrowHawk

I'd be interested in CG location also... your pilot weight and which counter
weight in the tail.?

I'd also like to know your progress on getting the "category" certification
you need for the USHGA insurance.

BT

"Shawn Curry" wrote in message
David Bingham wrote:

Hi Gang

Snip good report.

The SparrowHawk shows where the future lies.
Dave

Thanks Dave. Yours is the first report that I recall addressing the
Sparowhawk's spin behavior. Do you know where the CG was during your
flight?

Cheers,
Shawn

Old May 26th 04, 05:42 AM
Steve

"BTIZ" wrote in message news:Kzbsc.13210$7y5.8529@fed1read03...
I'd be interested in CG location also... your pilot weight and which counter
weight in the tail.?

That was addressed in my recent tour of the facilities with Duane...
Greg's father. He showed me several horizontal joiners having
different weights. I think the lightest was a tubular piece with a
black felt marking saying 1.47 lbs. The heaviest was machined from
solid steel and was 7 lbs. The CG is adjustable with these differing
weight horizontal joiners and can accomodate a range of 15 to 36% MAC.
I was told the 7lb solid steel joiner was used for a 220 pilot... the
lightest tube... a 145 lb pilot. A pilot any lighter and additional
ballast would be needed in the cockpit.

Steve
Crooked River Ranch, OR

SparrowHawk gyrocopter model for X-plane available Noel Lopez Rotorcraft 1 September 22nd 09 05:24 AM
Certificating the SparrowHawk Finbar Soaring 6 May 8th 04 12:08 PM
Wanted Sparrowhawk David Bingham Soaring 18 May 4th 04 11:20 PM
Sparrowhawk vs PW5 Willie Soaring 16 March 4th 04 11:08 PM
Jet Glider Sparrowhawk Mark James Boyd Soaring 31 January 22nd 04 06:09 AM