Salvage

Old November 7th 03, 03:28 PM
brien

Default Salvage

I have noticed on the insurance salvage web pages that Wentworth salvage
gets a lot of the helicopters they offer. Is their any price range someone
could bid to be competitive. I am looking to bid on a 269 or 300 I remember
something like salvage companies only bid on what they figure they can sell
the instrument panel for the rest is what they make a profit on. Can anyone
shed a little light on salvage operations and how they bid?
Brien

Old November 7th 03, 06:15 PM
Jim

What makes sence to me would be bid what it is worth to me, not someone
else.
If you just want the transmission for example you have to consider that
someone else may be interested in the engine, avionics, and sprag unit.
These combined would be far more valuable than just the transmission and
would bring a higher bid.
Remember, that the salvage operator who performed recovery will have an
advantage in the bidding process as their "aledged" cost will have to be
recovered or compensated for by the underwriter. This can amount to more
than half of the salvage value in many cases.

just an opinion mindya
Jim

Salvage yard Jim Owning 7 April 9th 04 01:32 AM
Navy sues man for plane he recovered in swamp marc Owning 6 March 29th 04 12:06 AM