Commercial/CFI Written Knowledge Exams

Old October 27th 03, 01:35 AM
Eric Kobb

Default Commercial/CFI Written Knowledge Exams

I am getting ready to take my Commercial written exam. Someday, I
would like to be a CFI. I have heard that the written tests for the
Commercial, Ground and Flight Instructor take the questions from the
EXACT same bank of questions. Is this true?

Eric Kobb
PP-ASEL,AMEL-IR
Old October 27th 03, 02:46 AM
Ben Jackson

In article ,
Eric Kobb wrote:
I am getting ready to take my Commercial written exam. Someday, I
would like to be a CFI. I have heard that the written tests for the
Commercial, Ground and Flight Instructor take the questions from the
EXACT same bank of questions. Is this true?

I thought it was the IR and CFII that were the same question bank.

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/
Old October 27th 03, 02:51 AM
BTIZ

the questions that are not in that knowledge back are the "Theory of
Learning" questions..

BT

om...

Old October 27th 03, 05:24 AM
Peter Duniho

"BTIZ" wrote in message
"Eric Kobb" wrote in message
om...
I am getting ready to take my Commercial written exam. Someday, I
would like to be a CFI. I have heard that the written tests for the
Commercial, Ground and Flight Instructor take the questions from the
EXACT same bank of questions. Is this true?

the questions that are not in that knowledge back are the "Theory of
Learning" questions..

To elaborate: AFAIK, the "Theory of Learning" stuff is on the separate
"fundamentals of instructing" test, required for ground and flight
instructor certificates, while the commercial and CFI use the same questions
for the aeronautical knowledge exam.

For the Commercial, you need to pass just one written. For the CFI, you
need to pass two more exams. One of those exams uses the same question bank
as is used for the Commercial, or almost the same.

Pete

Old October 27th 03, 11:23 AM
Matthew Waugh

The Commercial and FI test banks are ALMOST the same, but not quite. I'd be
willing to bet a small can of a soft beverage that you could pass the FIA
and AGI if you just studied for the Commercial (and assuming you could get
+90% on the Commercial, offer not valid in some states, see rules for
details).

In the AGI you may get a couple of non airplane questions, Gleims advice is
to guess, worked for me.

Definately when you have the FOI (Fundamentals of Instruction) done do the
FIA and AGI back to back (and you can turn the FOI and AGI results in for a
Ground Instructor cert., easiest certificate you'll ever get, and your CFI
DE won't know you got 76% on the FOI). When you're ready, do the IGI and FII
back to back (same question bank).

Hope that helps, Mat

--
Matthew Waugh
Comm. SEL MEL, CFI-AI

om...

FAA Knowledge test Dave Piloting 15 October 31st 03 06:32 PM
FAA Knowledge Test Results Richard Moore Instrument Flight Rules 4 October 12th 03 07:10 AM
FS: king schools knowledge test dvds Wei-En Tan Aviation Marketplace 1 July 30th 03 11:26 PM
Thinking about getting my IFR rating - Written test programs???? Grey Stone Instrument Flight Rules 6 July 22nd 03 01:08 AM
The written History of the 344th Bomb Group ArtKramr Military Aviation 1 July 8th 03 07:05 PM