National Air Tour Pix

Old September 13th 03, 12:27 AM
Jay Honeck

Default National Air Tour Pix

I'm on a roll now -- so here's a new page of pix Mary and I took at the
National Air Tour stop yesterday, in Anoka, MN.

If you like old planes, find the nearest place the tour is stopping, and get
thee to it!

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/national_air_tour.htm

Enjoy!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 13th 03, 02:46 AM
Sloan Essman

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
I'm on a roll now -- so here's a new page of pix Mary and I took at the
National Air Tour stop yesterday, in Anoka, MN.

If you like old planes, find the nearest place the tour is stopping, and

get
thee to it!

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/national_air_tour.htm

Enjoy!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

Nice group of pictures. I'm planning to fly up to Shreveport from Houston
Monday morning to see it all!

Sloan
PP-ASEL

Old September 13th 03, 06:18 AM
Jack Allison

Great pictures Jay. Too bad the tour doesn't come out far enough for me to
see it.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old September 13th 03, 06:28 AM
Allan Meuli

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
I'm on a roll now -- so here's a new page of pix Mary and I took at the
National Air Tour stop yesterday, in Anoka, MN.

If you like old planes, find the nearest place the tour is stopping, and

get
thee to it!

I made it there Wednesday, probably at about 1:00. Had to boggie at about
5:00 to go home and get some work done, although it would have been worth it
to hit the pig roast & dance instead! I may have actually tracked you down,
Jay.

It looks like you were the first to fly in during the day, because your
plane was the only one sitting on the infield at the beginning. I did not
know it was yours until later on when I noticed the tail number. I would
have started looking around for you sooner had I known better. I had a
Wipaire t-shirt on, and was standing in front of where the Sikorsky S-38
(piloted by the man who gave me my check ride!) parked.

In addition to the Sikorsky, another real treat for me was seeing the
Bellanca Skyrocket, Miss Veedol. In I had seen the plane under
construction in March, 2001. The guy that showed me the project turned out
to be one of the pilots flying it in to ANE on Wednesday. It was good to
see him again, and truely wonderful to see the project completed. They are
actually planning to re-create the Pangborn/Herndon flight from Japan to
Wenatchee (dropped landing gear & all).... There is more info at
http://www.spiritofwenatchee.org.

Old September 13th 03, 11:01 AM
Montblack

http://www.nationalairtour.org/pdf/f.../chapter_4.PDF
In 1928, the Tour went right by your house. Read the book free online.

Great site - www.nationalairtour.org
(think ...NATO)

This year's 2003 National Air Tour is the route that was planned for the
1932 Tour. The 1932 Tour was cancelled because of the depression.

--
Montblack

("Jack Allison" wrote)

Old September 13th 03, 02:41 PM
Jay Honeck

I had a
Wipaire t-shirt on, and was standing in front of where the Sikorsky S-38
(piloted by the man who gave me my check ride!) parked.

Well, Allan, that's like saying "I was the guy wearing the yellow shirt near
the Trimotor". There were about 500 of us that fit that description!

See, you just have to come to our Oshkosh stuff next year, so we know what
the heck you look like!

(Either that or Jav might have got our "rec.aviation" aircraft photos web
page up by then, and we'll all know what we look like?)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 13th 03, 10:05 PM
chris grotewohl

Howdy, I just got off the tour. I flew the Bushmaster 7501V

Chris
http://irish5string.homestead.com/chrisG.html
http://home.kc.rr.com/grotewohl/CFI.html

Old September 13th 03, 10:59 PM
chris grotewohl

Here is a few
http://irish5string.homestead.com/2003NAT.html

Old September 13th 03, 11:44 PM
Jay Honeck

Great pix flying past Chicago!

I hope Herr Daley choked on it...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 14th 03, 08:09 AM
Jack Allison

Um...Paul, I wasn't around in 1928...neither was my Dad or my house...but,
hey, thanks for that tidbit of information :-) Interesting article, thanks
for posting.

Looks like you had a ton of fun helping with the event. Just think, you
could have saved the leftover beer from OSH and had Jay and Mary help you
out...ya, right :-)

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

22 Aug 2004 - Today’s Military, Veteran, War and National Security News Otis Willie Naval Aviation 0 August 24th 04 06:47 AM
Bush's Attempt to Usurp the Constitution WalterM140 Military Aviation 20 July 2nd 04 04:09 PM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM
National Air Tour Pix Jay Honeck Home Built 14 September 14th 03 09:36 PM