Winds A Factor In Lidle Crash

Old November 7th 06, 11:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
.Blueskies.

Default Winds A Factor In Lidle Crash

Why?

"mike regish" wrote in message ...
: See:
: http://www.unionlabel.org/docs/S-O_06-LabelLetter.pdf
:
: mike
:
: "Ron Lee" wrote in message
: ...
: The real cause was he was an idiotic and inept pilot that day who
: left his wife without a husband and kids fatherless.
:
: Ron Lee
:

Old November 7th 06, 11:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Lee

John Theune wrote:

Ron Lee wrote:
The real cause was he was an idiotic and inept pilot that day who
left his wife without a husband and kids fatherless.

Ron Lee

Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

I did

Old November 7th 06, 11:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Lee

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote:

Ron Lee wrote:
The real cause was he was an idiotic and inept pilot that day who
left his wife without a husband and kids fatherless.

Jesus Christ! There but for the grace of God go many of us. You were never a
newby?

Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

And to top it off there was an "instructor" on board. I was a newbie
and am in certain situations but don't expect me to ever crash into a
building. I stand by my comment. He was an idiot.

Ron Lee
Old November 7th 06, 11:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Lee

Matt Whiting wrote:

Ron Lee wrote:

The real cause was he was an idiotic and inept pilot that day who
left his wife without a husband and kids fatherless.

Fortunately, being an idiotic and inept usenet poster is more forgiving...

Matt

I suppose you would fly with a pilot like him? Would you let your
wife or kids fly with him if he were alive and just narrowly missed
the building?

Maybe you would like to fly with the pilots who crashed at LEX?

There are idiot pilots and we have seen a few cases lately.
Unfortunately they take people with them instead of just themselves
sometimes.

Ron Lee
Old November 7th 06, 11:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Ron Lee wrote:

Matt Whiting wrote:

Ron Lee wrote:

The real cause was he was an idiotic and inept pilot that day who
left his wife without a husband and kids fatherless.

Fortunately, being an idiotic and inept usenet poster is more forgiving...

Matt

I suppose you would fly with a pilot like him? Would you let your
wife or kids fly with him if he were alive and just narrowly missed
the building?

No, but how do you know this before the accident happens?

Maybe you would like to fly with the pilots who crashed at LEX?

Again, what indication was there before the crash? And, yes, I probably
would fly with them. I've made my share of mistakes in nearly 30 years
of flying. The difference between them and me is that mine haven't yet
resulted in an accident.

There are idiot pilots and we have seen a few cases lately.
Unfortunately they take people with them instead of just themselves
sometimes.

There are idiots who are pilots and pilots who make dumb mistakes. The
two aren't the same. Personally, based on your comments, I'd fly with
any of the four pilots you have referenced above before I would fly with
you.

Matt
Old November 7th 06, 11:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Beckman

Ron Lee wrote:
The real cause was he was an idiotic and inept pilot that day who
left his wife without a husband and kids fatherless.

Jesus Christ! There but for the grace of God go many of us. You were
never a
newby?

Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

And to top it off there was an "instructor" on board. I was a newbie
and am in certain situations but don't expect me to ever crash into a
building. I stand by my comment. He was an idiot.

Ron Lee

There was an instructor aboard who was from California...not NY.

This accident is just like all the others...there is a chain of events
which, if you break one of the links, probably does not happen.

Cory Lidle ****ed up and he paid for it. I agree with Mort, there but for
the grace of God...

I'm glad you're perfect Ron...I hope it pays off for you in the long run.

Jay Beckman
PP-ASEL
Chandler, AZ

Old November 8th 06, 12:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

Jay Beckman wrote:
This accident is just like all the others...there is a chain of events
which, if you break one of the links, probably does not happen.

Cory Lidle ****ed up and he paid for it. I agree with Mort, there but for
the grace of God...

I'm glad you're perfect Ron...I hope it pays off for you in the long run.

My bet is that Ron isn't perfect. One of these days as he ****s up in a major
way he'll realize it. Me, I **** up all the time but at least I have enough
insight to know it. It also tends to make me more forgiving of other's
mistakes.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Old November 8th 06, 12:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose[_1_]

(hint, generally the slower you
go the smaller the radius, the steeper you go
the smaller the radius etc).

.... and the slower =and= steeper you go, the more the risk of a stall/spin.

Jose
--
"Never trust anything that can think for itself, if you can't see where
it keeps its brain." (chapter 10 of book 3 - Harry Potter).
Old November 8th 06, 12:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques

"Ron Lee" wrote in message
Matt Whiting wrote:

Ron Lee wrote:

The real cause was he was an idiotic and inept pilot that day who
left his wife without a husband and kids fatherless.

Fortunately, being an idiotic and inept usenet poster is more forgiving...

Matt

I suppose you would fly with a pilot like him? Would you let your
wife or kids fly with him if he were alive and just narrowly missed
the building?

Maybe you would like to fly with the pilots who crashed at LEX?

There are idiot pilots and we have seen a few cases lately.
Unfortunately they take people with them instead of just themselves
sometimes.

Ron Lee

Ron;

Let me explain to you how this works in the real world.

Even the most highly trained pilots in the world screw up from time to time.
Trust me, I know quite a few of them :-)
Flying is an endeavor where you operate in an environment that is constantly
trying to kill you and everybody in the airplane with you. Its that simple!
The "trick" as we say in the business, is to get yourself to the point where
you can handle this environment on a constant basis. This means that a
pilot, from the beginning student to the long time ATP and CFI, has to be
constantly up to the task.
A pilot's level of competence changes from day to day; actually minute to
minute really. You can be sharp and on top of things one minute and off your
edge the next minute just long enough to kill yourself.
Keeping this edge sharp as a pilot is really a full time job, and even then
there's no guarantee that you won't have a 2 second lapse and forget
something that will kill you.
Flying an airplane is controlling a moving object that includes you and the
people with you in a 3 dimensional area that exists at very high speed. This
can be likened to having someone throw random knives at you from twenty feet
away while you constantly try and duck out of the way and not get hit with
one. Given those conditions, you can get some idea of how long one could do
this without dodging the wrong way and taking a knife right in the face.
All this doesn't mean a pilot can't prepare for, and be able to function
properly in the midst of all this potential danger. It does mean however,
that all of us....and I mean ALL of us, have those moments in flying where
we do exactly the wrong thing. If we're lucky, and what we screwed up on
wasn't at the exact wrong time, we survive, learn from what happened, and
truck on trying never to replicate THAT mistake again.
These two guys in the Cirrus had one of the moments I'm talking about here.
They weren't stupid, and I'm sure they didn't want to die. They screwed up,
and the numbers played out against them. Instead of having one of those
"experiences" I'm talking about, they didn't make it.
What we have to do as pilots is learn from their mistake so that WE become
just a little bit safer and our edge gets just a little sharper.
This preconception some people have about pilots having to be perfect just
doesn't wash in the real world. I've seen pilots with thousands of hours
flying the hottest airplanes in the world that I knew to be the best of the
best killed right in front of me; the result of an instant of distraction.
It happens.
Instead of putting these guys down which doesn't bring them back or enhance
the flight safety issue, just realize they were two guys who made a mistake.
God knows they paid for it.
Just learn and move on. Concentrate just a bit more on sharpening your own
edge and at least something good will have come from this accident.
Dudley Henriques