Photos of the inside of the Spruce Goose

Old November 11th 06, 09:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Garret

Default Photos of the inside of the Spruce Goose

I was doing some spring cleaning in my photo collection when I came
across some pix I took a few years ago when I had a chance to go inside
the Spruce Goose at the Evergreen museum. Thought you folks might enjoy
them!

http://www.flownet.com/ron/goose/

rg

Old November 12th 06, 01:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
kontiki

Ron Garret wrote:
I was doing some spring cleaning in my photo collection when I came
across some pix I took a few years ago when I had a chance to go inside
the Spruce Goose at the Evergreen museum. Thought you folks might enjoy
them!

Thanks, I enjoyed them. I also had the chance to see this aircraft years
back when it was still based in San Diego. We were able get into the cockpit
and basically look over the entire plane. Unfortunately I did not have a
camera with me. I'ts an amazing airplane .... the end of an era.

Old November 12th 06, 01:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
mike regish

Great pictures. Thanks.

Looking at them, especially the flight deck, I was surprised to see all the
signs of wear considering that it only flew once.

mike

Old November 14th 06, 06:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Beckman

"Ron Garret" wrote in message
I was doing some spring cleaning in my photo collection when I came
across some pix I took a few years ago when I had a chance to go inside
the Spruce Goose at the Evergreen museum. Thought you folks might enjoy
them!

http://www.flownet.com/ron/goose/

rg

Great pics Ron...

Interesting note with the second photo where you mention that "a person
could easily stand up inside the wing root."

IIRC, that was the plan.

They could reach some parts and pieces of the engines for troubleshooting
from inside the wing.

Jay B

Old November 14th 06, 02:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

http://www.flownet.com/ron/goose/

Thanks, Ron -- awesome pix!

I've seen the outside, but never the inside of the Goose. Dang,
wouldn't it be great to throw a few dozen switches, and fire that baby
up?

We'll never see the likes of it again. Thank goodness it has been
preserved for posterity.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA