I've had it with Chinese tools!

Old November 19th 06, 10:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

Default I've had it with Chinese tools!

I've had it with the El Cheapo Corp. tools I've been buying from vendors at
OSH and other places. When I really need them to deliver, they break or fail
to work as they should.

I need a set of QUALITY safety wire pliers (like the great ones we used to
use in the Marines in the late 70's and 80's, damn things always worked
perfectly), snips, needle nose pliers, wire cutters, etc. I'm not looking
for fancy displays at airshows or chrome plated crap or paying money for
brand names, I want reliable tools that I can rely on when I need them to do
their jobs.

Comments? Suggestions?

Old November 19th 06, 10:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Daniel

"Juan Jimenez" wrote in message
.. .

I need a set of QUALITY safety wire pliers (like the great ones we used to
use in the Marines in the late 70's and 80's, damn things always worked

I have no idea what the marines use but I've never had a better tool than
anything made in the U.S. by Klein tools.

Try this link: http://makeashorterlink.com/?V5963493E

Old November 19th 06, 11:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

At $100 a pop for the smallest set of safety wire pliers? I don't think so.
I am not interested in subsidizing airshow display trailers and parties,
performer sponsorships, etc. What I want is realiable tools at reasonable
prices.

Old November 19th 06, 11:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Daniel

"Juan Jimenez" wrote in message
.. .
At $100 a pop for the smallest set of safety wire pliers? I don't think
so. I am not interested in subsidizing airshow display trailers and
parties, performer sponsorships, etc. What I want is realiable tools at
reasonable prices.

Ok, you might try ebay for a used pair, in truth most quality tool
manufacturers are having trouble because everyone is shopping for price. I
can vouch for these as well worth the money, you won't find better anywhere.
I've never regretted buying quality tools. I have regretted the money spent
on poor tools before I broke down and opened the wallet.

Old November 19th 06, 11:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Lou

You can't do better than Klien's for pliers along with other tools.
Unfortunatly it takes quite a while to afford to replace everything you
need now. If you want a good quality tool go to Ace hardware, buy the
Ace hardware brand. These are good tools and just like craftsman, they
are guaranteed for life (not many people know this). I rarely have a
problem with them and they don't cost an arm and a leg..
Lou

Old November 20th 06, 01:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Capt.Doug

"Juan Jimenez" wrote in message
I've had it with the El Cheapo Corp. tools I've been buying from vendors

at
OSH and other places. When I really need them to deliver, they break or

fail
to work as they should.

I bought my safety-wire pliers off the Snap-On truck 26 years ago. The
initial cost is pricey, but amortized over 26 years plus another couple of
decades of expected usage, the cost is a bargain. The next best option for
me is the Sears store, especially on the weekends when I don't want to drive
out to the Snap-On guy's house.

D.

Old November 20th 06, 01:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

These are the same people who sell the Blue-Point cordless screwdrivers. I
had one for which I needed a diagram so I could put it together again after
I opened it to clean it (I let it sit for some time, should have taken
notes!). I tried no less than SIX times to get them to reply to emails to
customer service, through their web site. They never did, so I never do
business with them again.

I'm picky, I only do business with companies that don't just want to take my
money, but also are willing to support the products they sell.

news

Old November 20th 06, 02:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jim Burns

http://www.aircraft-tool.com/atswho.htm

http://www.browntool.com/

Jim

Old November 20th 06, 05:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

When I needed a thin wall professional grade socket to remove the
connecting rod nuts on the big end of the con-rod of my Lyc O-360, the
only widely available socket that would fit in the small area of the
nut, was a 12 point tall socket from Sears. Even the Snap-on socket had
a larger outside diameter, and was too large to fit in the space
provided. YMMV

Bud