Flight instructors

Old April 18th 07, 05:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
fred

Default Flight instructors

Is there a site that has flight instructors looking for a job?
Fred

Old April 18th 07, 05:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
C J Campbell[_1_]

On 2007-04-18 09:15:49 -0700, fred said:

Is there a site that has flight instructors looking for a job?
Fred

There are several. I am constantly getting spammed by them.

But a good start is the National Association of Flight Instructors.
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Old April 18th 07, 09:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven Barnes

I'm right here. How much? ;-)

oups.com...

Old April 19th 07, 06:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Apr 18, 9:15 am, fred wrote:
Is there a site that has flight instructors looking for a job?
Fred

It seems that CFI jobs are pretty easy to get. I get ads in the mail
looking for CFIs, offering to fly me to Arizon, etc to work for
several months. Most ask for 200 dual given and 200 IFR but I'd bet
they would negotiate that. It seems like there are a lot of CFI's
looking for jobs but no one seems to stay anywhere for long so
openings happen often. I hear FBOs complain about the difficulty of
getting CFI's, most say they would be able to hold more students if
they had CFIs for them. Maybe when I retire I'll CFI full time.

-Robert, CFII

Old April 19th 07, 06:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Andrew Sarangan

On Apr 19, 1:01 pm, "Robert M. Gary" wrote:
On Apr 18, 9:15 am, fred wrote:

Is there a site that has flight instructors looking for a job?
Fred

It seems that CFI jobs are pretty easy to get. I get ads in the mail
looking for CFIs, offering to fly me to Arizon, etc to work for
several months. Most ask for 200 dual given and 200 IFR but I'd bet
they would negotiate that. It seems like there are a lot of CFI's
looking for jobs but no one seems to stay anywhere for long so
openings happen often. I hear FBOs complain about the difficulty of
getting CFI's, most say they would be able to hold more students if
they had CFIs for them. Maybe when I retire I'll CFI full time.

-Robert, CFII

My observation is that CFI work load falls somewhere between a full
time job and a part time job. I am a part time CFI, and I get more
calls from students than I can handle, but I know that if I were a
full time CFI there won't be enough work to fill the day.

Old April 19th 07, 07:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Apr 18, 9:15 am, fred wrote:

[...]

That is my experience as well as an independent CFI. However, I do not
believe that is the case for an FBO CFI who works at a busy academy.
Of course they only make about 1/5 what we make per hour.

-Robert