You're Invited to the 4th Annual Rec.Aviation Party(s)!

Old July 2nd 06, 06:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
[email protected][_1_]

Default You're Invited to the 4th Annual Rec.Aviation Party(s)!

Jay Honeck wrote:

The **4th Annual Rec.Aviation Oshkosh Party** will be held on Wednesday
evening, after the daily air show, at our North 40 campsite in that
Mecca of Aviation, Oshkosh, Wisconsin. (Instructions on how to find
this campsite are below...)

Instructions: Finding this party is easy -- but takes a bit of effort.
Since North 40 campsites are assigned randomly, in a "first come-first
served" fashion, there is no way to announce the party's precise
location in advance. You MUST go to the EAA Camping Check-In Booth in
the North 40 campground, and give them our tail number (N56993). They
will then tell you our precise campsite, and give you vectors to the
party!

Jay,

I'll plan on being there at the North 40 party on Wednesday. There will
be two of us arriving in the Pilatus on Wednesday mid-day, weather
permitting. I'll be in the warbird parking near the Yaks & CJ-6s based
on where the other P-3s were parked last year.

Unfortunately, I am very space limited when it comes to bringing things
for the party, but let me know what type of funding contribution is
customary.

Thanks,
Eric
1959 Pilatus P-3 A-848
http://www.hometown.aol.com/bartscher/P3A848.html

Old July 2nd 06, 06:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
john smith

In article om,
" wrote:

I'll plan on being there at the North 40 party on Wednesday. There will
be two of us arriving in the Pilatus on Wednesday mid-day, weather
permitting. I'll be in the warbird parking near the Yaks & CJ-6s based
on where the other P-3s were parked last year.

Eric, did you find a paint shop?
Old July 3rd 06, 01:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

Unfortunately, I am very space limited when it comes to bringing things
for the party, but let me know what type of funding contribution is
customary.

Well, a 6-pack of good beer is the usual price of admission. (Some
bring wine, but we try to hide them from the masses, lest they become
corrupted... ;-)

If you'd like to help pay for food, there's a thread here somewhere
about how to go about using PayPal to do so. Otherwise, just toss some
buckos in the kitty when you're there, to help defray Montblack's
expenses.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 3rd 06, 07:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
[email protected][_1_]

john smith wrote:
In article om,
" wrote:

I'll plan on being there at the North 40 party on Wednesday. There will
be two of us arriving in the Pilatus on Wednesday mid-day, weather
permitting. I'll be in the warbird parking near the Yaks & CJ-6s based
on where the other P-3s were parked last year.

Eric, did you find a paint shop?

I never did find a well recommended paint shop in the area. I'm still
torn between polishing the well-aged aluminum to make it shine, or
painting it to protect the 47 year old aluminum.

Either way it will have to wait until well after Oshkosh, so I'll be
the warbird everyone walks past to get to the really nice looking
ones...