Who de-activated ground-air missiles on 9-11?

Old May 16th 04, 12:59 AM
Mike Williamson

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
On Mon, 10 May 2004 12:08:47 -0700, "lysdexic"
wrote:

This is bull. I haven't been on this board for long but suspected you had no
credibility. Either you are ignorant enough to believe stuff like this and
regurgitate it or you made it up. Either way you are not credible.

Thank you for the namecalling. Now why don't you address the issue?

There is no issue to address. Your entire scenario is specious.
There is no "code to be punched in" when approaching a given airspace,
and the Pentagon was not defended by SAM emplacements prior to 9/11.
As such, you are asking someone to defend something that didn't happen
with a system that doesn't exist.

Mike

Old May 16th 04, 01:19 AM
George Z. Bush

wrote:

This is bull. I haven't been on this board for long but suspected you had no
credibility. Either you are ignorant enough to believe stuff like this and
regurgitate it or you made it up. Either way you are not credible.

Thank you for the namecalling. Now why don't you address the issue?

There is no issue to address. Your entire scenario is specious.
There is no "code to be punched in" when approaching a given airspace,

I know I'm way out of date, but no IFF any more (or its equivalent)? Just free
wheeling all over our airspace?

Old May 16th 04, 04:12 AM
Aardvark J. Bandersnatch, MP

wrote:

This is bull. I haven't been on this board for long but suspected you

had no
credibility. Either you are ignorant enough to believe stuff like this

and
regurgitate it or you made it up. Either way you are not credible.

Thank you for the namecalling. Now why don't you address the issue?

There is no issue to address. Your entire scenario is specious.
There is no "code to be punched in" when approaching a given airspace,

I know I'm way out of date, but no IFF any more (or its equivalent)? Just

free
wheeling all over our airspace?

Uh, yeah. It's the "Open Skies" policy that was initiated in the Eisenhower
years.

Where have you been for the last fifty years?

Old May 17th 04, 12:14 AM
Mike Williamson

George Z. Bush wrote:
"Mike Williamson" wrote in message

There is no issue to address. Your entire scenario is specious.
There is no "code to be punched in" when approaching a given airspace,

I know I'm way out of date, but no IFF any more (or its equivalent)? Just free
wheeling all over our airspace?

Civilian aircraft don't use IFF. Almost all aircraft use
transponders, however, which are typically set before takeoff
and changed infrequently in flight at the direction of ATC-
and their codes aren't used to authenticate identity in
the manner alleged by the moron who started this thread.

Military IFF systems also work differently than alleged
at the start of the thread. The encrypted Mode 4 is set
prior to takeoff (although on some aircraft you can reset
them in flight only because the actual equipment is inside
the pressure compartment) and changed on a time schedule
(typically Zulu day change).

Mike