Lunch at the beach MRY PIREP

Old March 21st 05, 02:20 AM
Wizard of Draws

Default Lunch at the beach MRY PIREP

Had a great flight today, my longest x-country so far at 276 miles. It was a
$100 hamburger flight from 47A (Canton, GA. 40 miles north of Atlanta) to
MYR, Myrtle Beach, SC. With a stiff tailwind, I had the outbound leg and
made it from engine start to shutdown in exactly 2.0 on the Hobbs.

Got a courtesy car from the extremely friendly folks at the FBO for 2 hours
for the very short drive to the beach where we at at Damon's on the deck
overlooking the beach. Sloooow service for just a couple of appetizers, but
the portions were much larger than we expected or dared to eat with a long
flight home still ahead.

We took off on runway 18 and turned home as we crossed over the beach. Great
view. My flying buddy Tom had the homebound leg, but with the tailwind now a
headwind, we crawled back in 2.9 hours. All that time with thick haze and
clouds all over the place, but no actual. We're trying to get our CRM nailed
down and I think we've got a good start for the relatively short time we've
flown together.
--
Jeff 'The Wizard of Draws' Bucchino

Cartoons with a Touch of Magic
http://www.wizardofdraws.com

More Cartoons with a Touch of Magic
http://www.cartoonclipart.com

Old March 22nd 05, 05:00 AM
Jay Honeck

Had a great flight today, my longest x-country so far at 276 miles. It was
$100 hamburger flight from 47A (Canton, GA. 40 miles north of Atlanta) to
MYR, Myrtle Beach, SC.

Hey, Jeff -- on our way home from Florida we spent Friday night in Columbus,
GA (KCSG), southwest of Atlanta, where they were putting together what
looked like was going to be a kick-ass air show on Saturday. They had Jimmy
Franklin's jet WACO, a great looking PBY Catalina, and a bunch of military
iron on the ramp.

We boogied on out of there before the show started, but spent a nice night
in the local (strangely not too over-priced) Sheraton hotel.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 22nd 05, 01:23 PM
Denny

Long ago and far, far, away, and just out of school, we passed through
Myrtle Beach and thought we would move there... It didn't turn out that
way, but it certainly is a beautiful area... Every morning I wake up,
pinch myself until I can't stand the pain, and bellow, "whut in ell am
I doing in frozen Michigan?"

denny

Old March 22nd 05, 07:44 PM
W P Dixon

I am trying to figure out why in the world you had lunch at Damon's when
Myrtle Beach has tons of very good seafood places?

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech

Old March 23rd 05, 01:33 AM
Wizard of Draws

On 3/22/05 2:44 PM, in article , "W P
Dixon" spewed:

I am trying to figure out why in the world you had lunch at Damon's when
Myrtle Beach has tons of very good seafood places?

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech

Actually, we were on our way to Wendy's when we came by Damon's. Someone had
recommended Damon's to Tom long ago, so we stopped. Neither of us had been
to MYR before so we had no idea of other places we should have gone. Heck,
one of the reasons we went there in the first place was that it had a deli
on the field, but it was closed Sundays. Now we know.

Old March 23rd 05, 01:35 AM
Wizard of Draws

On 3/22/05 12:00 AM, in article eEN%d.9240$fn3.2816@attbi_s01, "Jay Honeck"
spewed:

Had a great flight today, my longest x-country so far at 276 miles. It was
$100 hamburger flight from 47A (Canton, GA. 40 miles north of Atlanta) to
MYR, Myrtle Beach, SC.

Hey, Jeff -- on our way home from Florida we spent Friday night in Columbus,
GA (KCSG), southwest of Atlanta, where they were putting together what
looked like was going to be a kick-ass air show on Saturday. They had Jimmy
Franklin's jet WACO, a great looking PBY Catalina, and a bunch of military
iron on the ramp.

We boogied on out of there before the show started, but spent a nice night
in the local (strangely not too over-priced) Sheraton hotel.

A belated welcome to Georgia Jay.

Old March 23rd 05, 02:39 AM
W P Dixon

Well may I reccomend a place called Carolina Roadhouse, great steaks and
fantastic soft shell crab! North of airport on the main drag just before you
get to the Hampton Inn.

Patrick

"Wizard of Draws" wrote in
message news:BE6631B0.58775%jeffbTAKEOUTALLCAPS@TOEMAILwiz ardofdraws.com...
On 3/22/05 2:44 PM, in article , "W P
Dixon" spewed:

Old March 23rd 05, 03:34 PM
Jay Honeck

We boogied on out of there before the show started, but spent a nice
night
in the local (strangely not too over-priced) Sheraton hotel.

A belated welcome to Georgia Jay.

Thanks, Jeff.

I like Georgia, although in my few visits (all by air) I haven't been able
to grasp the flavor of the state. GA airports are all pretty much the same,
no matter where you fly.

Bottom line: EVERY place seems wonderful when you're flying your own plane.

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA