KMYF TWR Radio prblms 62204 approx2315z

Old June 23rd 04, 04:35 AM
Doug

Default KMYF TWR Radio prblms 62204 approx2315z

Group,
Was anyone around Montgomery in San Diego (KMYF) today around 415
PST? I was in the run up short 28R and there was extreme radio
interference (Stuck Mike) and we were switching freq. back and forth (tower
direction) just to have the stuck mic follow us.
CFI and I sat for approx 30 mins waiting for clearance, 4 planes deep
and little to no commuincations. In fact before we started out
communications overflow was on ground ctrl looking for the tower.

Does anyone know why?? I have a conspiracy theroy based on no facts other
then my imagination...

start conspiracy

To the right of us in the run up was a C-172 in fact a famous 172.. The
tail number of he actual plane that I am watching in my training videos.
This plane was at 90 deg to 28R and my conspiracy starts with that I think
the (insert humor please) ******* King was fliming and was causing grief
for the radios. When he departed radios settled down traffic got caught up
and we had a good flight.

/end conspiracy

Is something like that possible? Does anyone know what really happened...

-Doug

P.S All due respect for Mr King, I think he's made a top notch product and
I am learning alot! Thank you!

P.S.S I solo'd today 16.5 hrs in and to think I whined about a little
turbulance.
Old June 23rd 04, 02:37 PM
Bill Denton

Just an observation...

If the stuck mic was following you, are you sure it wasn't your mic that was
stuck?

Old June 23rd 04, 07:19 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Doug wrote:

Group,
Was anyone around Montgomery in San Diego (KMYF) today around 415
PST? I was in the run up short 28R and there was extreme radio
interference (Stuck Mike) and we were switching freq. back and forth (tower
direction) just to have the stuck mic follow us.

An aircraft which has a stuck mic can't receive transmissions. How did the guy with
the stuck mic know to change frequencies?

George Patterson
None of us is as dumb as all of us.

Old June 24th 04, 06:52 AM
Doug

"Bill Denton" wrote in
:

Just an observation...

If the stuck mic was following you, are you sure it wasn't your mic
that was stuck?

Nope.. this was going on before we even started the plane...

neeexxxtt....
Old June 24th 04, 06:53 AM
Doug

An aircraft which has a stuck mic can't receive transmissions. How did
the guy with the stuck mic know to change frequencies?

George Patterson
None of us is as dumb as all of us.

Ok ill bite... how did the guy with the stuck mic know to change
frequencies?