What Others Are Saying About Aircraft Spruce

Old February 3rd 05, 02:35 PM
jls

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
m...
Juan Jimenez wrote:
I have found over the years that most people who whine about AS&S

greatly
exaggerate the stories, and even if the stories were true, they probably
deserved to be treated the way they _claim_ they were treated. Case in
point, "jls". He certainly falls squarely into that category.

I have to say that in the years I've dealt with them, they have
much improved. Years ago (long before they acquired Alexander)
a large percentage of my orders got screwed up. Not out of dishonesty,
just stupidity. Typical would be that they'd not tell you things
were backordered until you were sitting around wondering if it was
ever going to arrive. Another event was when their computer said
they had a part in stock, but the order pullers couldn't find it and
nobody did anything (call me, order some more inventory, etc...).
That and in those days, they wouldn't take customer service inquiries
on the 800 number.

They *still* don't take customer service inquiries on the 800 number. They
switch you off to another 800 number after you have spent 5 to 10 minutes
punching numbers, looking for the correct pigeon-hole, and holding.

Don't take my word for it.

Try 877.477.7823, which is their toll-free number, and see. You won't get
customer service. You won't get anything but a runaround at that number
unless you're buying --- it is a purchase number only --- and while you're
waiting to get a real person rather than a rash of vague recordings, odious
worn-out music, and unsolicited advice you will hold the receiver between
your jaw and shoulder and be doing something else when a recorded voice will
come on and very quickly tell you that if you want customer service, you
will have to call this new number. Try it. The setup is designed to give
you the run-around. If you miss any one of the digits of the new number,
as I did because I was concentrating on something at the keyboard, you will
have to start the entire process over again, wasting another 5 to 10 minutes
punching keys and holding.

I buy thousands of dollars in parts from many different suppliers, and
Aircraft Spruce's "communication" system and so-called customer service are
by far the most abusive, hostile messes I have encountered in a year. And
the only conclusion I can draw is that Jim Irwin is slick and oily. If you
want to know who sets standards for professionalism and courtesy, try
McMaster, Aviall, McFarlane, Stene Aviation, Brodie's, or Wicks. I buy
parts from several parts houses, some of them in California, who are not
friendly, but they make up for it in competence and punctual service, two
qualities Aircraft Spruce conspicuously lacks.

When you finally get one of Aircraft Spruce's gravel-voiced misanthropes on
the phone (and you had better have all the paperwork including the invoice
in front of you or you'll be brushed off immediately) you are then directed
to call Mitchell Instruments, the manufacturer in Illinois, "because they
prefer to deal with you directly on their guarantee." If you suggest that
your purchase was with ACS&S, not Mitchell, your "friendly" customer service
representative will hang up on you. So then you are required to call back
using their "friendly" telephone system imported from Somalia. And by then
you are beginning to be perturbed.

Looking back, I would have sent an e-mail directly to Irwin:

Warning: I order a lot of stuff using e-mail. Try
www.widgetsupply.com
for instance. but if you're a masochist and want to get yourself into a lot
of trouble, try ordering by e-mail from Aircraft Spruce.

Old February 3rd 05, 02:41 PM
Mark Hickey

" jls" wrote:

[...]

I took you advice and tried it.

I had to listen to ONE recorded message telling me which of several
simple options I could select by pressing a number - or to stay on the
line and wait and a real person would pick up.

I chose the option for "dealing with a previous order" and it
immediately rang through to a customer service rep.

It took me all of about 35-40 seconds to do this, including waiting to
hear the entire message even though the option for "previous order"
was early on in the recorded message.

Mark Hickey
Old February 3rd 05, 02:51 PM
wmbjk

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 19:42:37 -0500, " jls"
wrote:

"Juan Jimenez" wrote in message
I have found over the years that most people who whine about AS&S greatly
exaggerate the stories, and even if the stories were true, they probably
deserved to be treated the way they _claim_ they were treated. Case in
point, "jls". He certainly falls squarely into that category.

Jaun's motives here one can surmise are pecuniary since his narcissistic
boss has been known to funnel off a little loot from Irwin on occasion.

Juan versus Latchless!! OMG, it's like Boris Badenoff up against
Snidely Whiplash. Will Boris make wild claims about Snidely's vehicle
registration? Will Snidely unleash the power of his Thesaurus of
Incoherence? Stay tuned for the next exciting episode!

So I have concluded that Irwin is greedy and unscrupulous
(and will tell you a lie), but you are welcome to conclude as you please.

Ok then, I conclude that you're having a hissy fit over a perceived
slight, and that your mommy should have dropped you on your head less
often.

Wayne

Old February 3rd 05, 03:59 PM
John Ammeter

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 07:41:17 -0700, Mark Hickey
wrote:

" jls" wrote:

[...]

That puts the lie to Larry's statement, doesn't it??

John
Old February 3rd 05, 08:07 PM
Juan Jimenez

"wmbjk" wrote in message

Juan versus Latchless!! OMG, it's like Boris Badenoff up against
Snidely Whiplash. Will Boris make wild claims about Snidely's vehicle
registration? Will Snidely unleash the power of his Thesaurus of
Incoherence? Stay tuned for the next exciting episode!

Not really. jls, whatever his name is, is on my permanent twit list. I don't
even see his foam-at-the-mouth comments unless someone replies and comments.
He just doesn't have enough grey matter to qualify as cheap entertainment.

Ok then, I conclude that you're having a hissy fit over a perceived
slight, and that your mommy should have dropped you on your head less
often.

Seconded.

Old February 3rd 05, 09:11 PM
Sean Trost

I would agree that the lie is with JLS. I would think this type of
communication is designed to hurt buisness also.
JLS I would not sell you a dust bunny.
Sean

Old February 3rd 05, 10:07 PM
wmbjk

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 16:07:51 -0400, "Juan Jimenez"
wrote:

"wmbjk" wrote in message
.. .

Juan versus Latchless!! OMG, it's like Boris Badenoff up against
Snidely Whiplash. Will Boris make wild claims about Snidely's vehicle
registration? Will Snidely unleash the power of his Thesaurus of
Incoherence? Stay tuned for the next exciting episode!

Not really.

You can't see yourself as Boris? OK then, you can be the Black Knight,
with Chuck as Arthur.
http://www.mtholyoke.edu/~ebarnes/py...ack-knight.htm

Wayne (it's all about the casting)
Old February 3rd 05, 11:58 PM
Matt Whiting

Juan Jimenez wrote:

[...]

I don't think any of us are...

Matt
Old February 4th 05, 03:17 AM
Bashir

jls is Leisure Suit Larry the Latchless? OK, now it all makes sense.

Old February 4th 05, 03:39 AM
Morgans

"Bashir" wrote in message
oups.com...
jls is Leisure Suit Larry the Latchless? OK, now it all makes sense.

I know the feeling. (of realizing this) No small wonder I had put latchless
and jls in the looney bin. I took everyone out a while back, but no small
wonder he is back in, now.
--
Jim in NC