Cirrus for Duats

Old July 17th 04, 06:18 PM
Charles

Default Cirrus for Duats

I've been using Cirrus for DUATS over my cable modem for years. My drive
crashed recently and I reinstalled the program. Now I can't get it to
aurtomatically log in and get the weather info I ask for. It just comes to
the prompt and asks for my name. From there I have to type everything
manually, so it basically ignored all the items I requested in the Cirrus
interface. Does anyone know how to make this thing work? I've gotten so
used to just picking the stuff I want from the menus in Cirrus and letting
it navigate theDUATS menus for me. This is very frustrating. This program
is so lousy by modern standards.

Thanks.

Old July 17th 04, 06:34 PM
G. Burkhart

"Charles" wrote in message
I've been using Cirrus for DUATS over my cable modem for years. My drive
crashed recently and I reinstalled the program. Now I can't get it to
aurtomatically log in and get the weather info I ask for. It just comes

the prompt and asks for my name. From there I have to type everything
manually, so it basically ignored all the items I requested in the Cirrus
interface. Does anyone know how to make this thing work? I've gotten so
used to just picking the stuff I want from the menus in Cirrus and letting
it navigate theDUATS menus for me. This is very frustrating. This

program
is so lousy by modern standards.

Try the AOPA/Jeppesen interface?
(http://www.aopa.org/flight_planner/intro.html) It works well for me and
will use DUAT or DUATS.

Old July 17th 04, 11:16 PM
Sum

I've been using Cirrus for DUATS over my cable modem for years. My
drive crashed recently and I reinstalled the program. Now I can't get
it to aurtomatically log in and get the weather info I ask for. It
just comes to the prompt and asks for my name. From there I have to
type everything manually, so it basically ignored all the items I
requested in the Cirrus interface. Does anyone know how to make this
thing work? I've gotten so used to just picking the stuff I want from
the menus in Cirrus and letting it navigate theDUATS menus for me.
This is very frustrating. This program is so lousy by modern
standards.

I don't use Cirrus anymore, but didn't it have a preferences slection for
connecting interactively? You might try the _free_ replacement, Golden
Eagle Flight Prep. Pretty good program. See
http://www.flightprep.com/rootpage.p...nfogoldeneagle

Cirrus SR22 Purchase advice needed. Dennis Owning 170 May 19th 04 04:44 PM
Cirrus SR22 Purchase advice needed. C J Campbell Piloting 122 May 10th 04 11:30 PM
Cirrus attracting pilots with 'The Wrong Stuff'? Jay Honeck Piloting 73 May 1st 04 04:35 AM
Cirrus report Cub Driver Piloting 14 April 30th 04 06:05 PM
Cirrus Airframe Life Limits Dave Owning 16 April 27th 04 05:58 PM