VW Engine Prices

Old September 26th 08, 01:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
cavelamb himself[_4_]

Default OT VW Engine Prices

The A.C. Davis Financial Recovery Plan

A friend sent this -- interesting indeed

It may be flawed -- but, it is an interesting idea might never work but,
better than rewarding the jerks who got us this mess so before you think
of all the reasons why it won't happen,

allow yourself a moment to fantasize that if it did....

I'm against the $85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG.

Instead, I'm in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in a We
Deserve It Dividend.

To make the math simple, let's assume there are 200,000,000 bonafide
U.S. Citizens 18+.

Our population is about 301,000,000 ± counting every man, woman and
child. So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up..

So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billon that equals $425,000.00.

My plan is to give $425,000 to every person 18+ as a

We Deserve It Dividend.

Of course, it would NOT be tax free. So let's assume a tax rate of 30%.

Every individual 18+ has to pay $127,500.00 in taxes. That sends
$25,500,000,000 right back to Uncle Sam.

But it means that every adult 18+ has $297,500.00 in their pocket. A
husband and wife has $595,000.00.

What would you do with $297,500.00 to $595,000.00 in your family?

Pay off your mortgage – housing crisis solved.

Repay college loans – what a great boost to new grads

Put away money for college – it'll be there

Save in a bank – create money to loan to entrepreneurs.

Buy a new car – create jobs

Invest in the market – capital drives growth

Pay for your parent's medical insurance – health care improves

Enable Deadbeat Dads to come clean – or else

Remember this is for every adult U S Citizen 18+ including the folks
who lost their jobs at Lehman Brothers and every other company that is
cutting back. And of course, for those serving in our Armed Forces.

If we're going to re-distribute wealth let's really do it...instead of
trickling out a puny $1000.00 ("vote buy") economic incentive that is
being proposed by one of our candidates for President.

If we're going to do an $85 billion bailout, let's bail out every adult
U S Citizen 18+!

As for AIG – liquidate it. Sell off its parts. Let American General go
back to being American General. Sell off the real estate. Let the
private sector bargain hunters cut it up and clean it up.

Here's my rationale. We deserve it and AIG doesn't.

Sure it's a crazy idea that can "never work."

But can you imagine the Coast-To-Coast Block Party!

How do you spell Economic Boom?

I trust my fellow adult Americans to know how to use the $85 Billion We
Deserve It Dividend more than I do the geniuses at AIG or in Washington DC.

And remember, The Davis plan only really costs $59.5 Billion because
$25.5 Billion is returned instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam.

Ahhh...I feel so much better getting that off my chest.

Kindest personal regards,

Art A.C.Davis, A Creative Guy & Citizen of the Republic

PS: Feel free to pass this along to your pals as it's either good for a
laugh or a tear or a very sobering thought on how to best use $85 Billion!!

Old September 26th 08, 02:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jim Logajan

cavelamb himself wrote:
The A.C. Davis Financial Recovery Plan

A friend sent this -- interesting indeed

It may be flawed --

So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billon that equals
$425,000.00.

Make that "It is flawed" not "It may be flawed." It is only $425.00 per
person, not $425,000.00. But what's a factor of a thousand among friends? I
think this A.C. Davis has the proper math skills to become Secretary of the
Treasury!

;-)
Old September 26th 08, 02:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
cavelamb himself[_4_]

Jim Logajan wrote:

cavelamb himself wrote:

The A.C. Davis Financial Recovery Plan

A friend sent this -- interesting indeed

It may be flawed --

So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billon that equals
$425,000.00.

Make that "It is flawed" not "It may be flawed." It is only $425.00 per
person, not $425,000.00. But what's a factor of a thousand among friends? I
think this A.C. Davis has the proper math skills to become Secretary of the
Treasury!

;-)

I didn't even check it.
But you are exactly right.

Still, I like his plane better...

--

Richard

(remove the X to email)
Old September 26th 08, 02:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
flash

"cavelamb himself" wrote in message
Jim Logajan wrote:

cavelamb himself wrote:

The A.C. Davis Financial Recovery Plan

A friend sent this -- interesting indeed

It may be flawed --

So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billon that equals
$425,000.00.

Make that "It is flawed" not "It may be flawed." It is only $425.00 per
person, not $425,000.00. But what's a factor of a thousand among friends?
I think this A.C. Davis has the proper math skills to become Secretary of
the Treasury!

;-)

I didn't even check it.
But you are exactly right.

Still, I like his plane better...

--

Richard

(remove the X to email)

Richard,

What IS he flying?
Quote: " Still, I like his plane better..."

Flash

(Naw, maybe you had better NOT answer that. I think I know how you think.)

Old September 26th 08, 03:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
cavelamb himself[_4_]

Flash wrote:

What IS he flying?
Quote: " Still, I like his plane better..."

Flash

(Naw, maybe you had better NOT answer that. I think I know how you think.)

Some day I may learn to type, Flash.

--

Richard

(remove the X to email)
Old September 28th 08, 05:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

"Jim Logajan" wrote in message
.. .
cavelamb himself wrote:
The A.C. Davis Financial Recovery Plan

A friend sent this -- interesting indeed

It may be flawed --

So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billon that equals
$425,000.00.

Make that "It is flawed" not "It may be flawed." It is only $425.00 per
person, not $425,000.00. But what's a factor of a thousand among friends?
think this A.C. Davis has the proper math skills to become Secretary of
the
Treasury!

;-)

You are exactly right, and those "slide rule" errors are even more annoying
now that nobody uses slide rules!

Regrettably, however, that is not the worst part of the discussion about the
$85 billion AIG issue, nor of the closely related (IMHO) $700 billion
mortgage fiasco. The greater problem is that, even now, a search on the
public Internet does not reveal much information about the basis of the
numbers--instead a search yields "talking points" for a "debate" and a near
total lack of substance.

Of the two, the AIG case is the easier to parse: AIG got into the business
of "insuring" the mutual bond positions of retirement funds as a "hedge"
that (apparently) allowed the funds to "overweight" that portion of their
portfolios. However, that does not tell us whether the crisis was due to
mutual bond defaults or simply rerating of the bonds; nor does it tell us
whether $85 billion is the total asset value, a potential loss projection
based upon a presumption of sale during a period of default*, or some other
line of reasoning. About all that we do "know" is that the federal
government is simply stepping in as a guarantor, and gaining an equity
position, during this period, and that there is a presumption that they will
eventually sell back out of their position at a profit--much as they did in
the cases of Chrysler Corporation about 25 years ago.

The $700 mortgage bailout is much harder to sort out. I could not find out
what it covers, nor why, in the time I could alot to it--and even found one
assertion that it is simply a number "out of thin air" that was made large
enough to cover anything that could possibly be found in the financial data
when it is complied and analysed. Ultimately, they will simply have to
solve the immediate problem--probably in increments.

That's not the end, because the underlying problems with mortgage guidelines
have not received enough discussion; nor have the merits of rising home
prices and related increases in ad valorem taxes....