Sure is easy to read this newsgroup!

Old May 5th 10, 02:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Terry

Default Sure is easy to read this newsgroup!

Over the last month I've "kill filed" or "blocked sender" in IE
express all the obvious non-pilot posters. Troll posters AND troll
feeders. Only about 10 people left! I know I've "killed" a few
posters that were knowledgeable and I admit, enjoyed reading their
post when it applied to piloting but just couldn't keep from
responding to idiot posters as well. So, I did what I had to do.

Sure is easy to read this newsgroup now and solely about "piloting"
which is after all, the name of this group!

Terry N6401F

Old May 5th 10, 02:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Terry" wrote in message
Over the last month I've "kill filed" or "blocked sender" in IE express
all the obvious non-pilot posters. Troll posters AND troll feeders. Only
about 10 people left! I know I've "killed" a few posters that were
knowledgeable and I admit, enjoyed reading their post when it applied to
piloting but just couldn't keep from responding to idiot posters as well.
So, I did what I had to do.

Sure is easy to read this newsgroup now and solely about "piloting" which
is after all, the name of this group!

I have done the same, but perhaps saved a few more posters than you; ones
that still post on topic most of the time, with a few annoying exceptions.
--
Jim in NC

Old May 5th 10, 03:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Terry

"Morgans" wrote in message

"Terry" wrote in message
Over the last month I've "kill filed" or "blocked sender" in IE
express all the obvious non-pilot posters. Troll posters AND troll
feeders. Only about 10 people left! I know I've "killed" a few
posters that were knowledgeable and I admit, enjoyed reading their
post when it applied to piloting but just couldn't keep from
responding to idiot posters as well. So, I did what I had to do.

Sure is easy to read this newsgroup now and solely about "piloting"
which is after all, the name of this group!

I have done the same, but perhaps saved a few more posters than you;
ones that still post on topic most of the time, with a few annoying
exceptions.
--
Jim in NC

Just for your info Jim.... your not "Kill filed"... your still one
of the "10"...

Old May 5th 10, 04:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Terry" wrote

Just for your info Jim.... your not "Kill filed"... your still one of
the "10"...

Hee-Hee! I was wondering...

I try to never respond to trolls, or act in trolling types of ways. I do
chide those who respond to trolls at times too vigorously, perhaps. I try
to keep that as low key as possible most of the time, but if that is a sin I
am guilty...

I am but a lowly student waiting for funds to proceed much further, but am
still firmly attached to reality and don't respond to subjects that I don't
know about, either.

You are right about the group being easy to read, and not take much time,
either. I wish for the days of over 100 posts, mostly on topic. There was
a lot to be learned by a person like me.
--
Jim in NC

Old May 5th 10, 04:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

"Terry" wrote:
Over the last month I've "kill filed" or "blocked sender" in IE
express all the obvious non-pilot posters. Troll posters AND troll
feeders. Only about 10 people left! I know I've "killed" a few
posters that were knowledgeable and I admit, enjoyed reading their
post when it applied to piloting but just couldn't keep from
responding to idiot posters as well. So, I did what I had to do.

Marcus Licinius Crassus: "In every city and province, lists of the disloyal
have been compiled. Tomorrow they will learn the cost of their terrible
folly... their treason."

Gracchus: "And where does my name appear on the list of disloyal enemies of
the state?"

Marcus Licinius Crassus: "First."

;-)
Old May 5th 10, 06:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george

On May 5, 1:16*pm, "Terry" wrote:
Over the last month I've "kill filed" or "blocked sender" in IE
express all the obvious non-pilot *posters. Troll posters AND troll
feeders. *Only about 10 people left! *I know I've "killed" a few
posters that were knowledgeable and I admit, enjoyed reading their
post when it applied to piloting but just couldn't *keep from
responding to idiot posters as well. *So, I did what I had to do.

Sure is easy to read this newsgroup now and solely about "piloting"
which is after all, the name of this group!

Just lately the non aviation threads have been so obvious its not
worth using a killfile.
Just go past them.

For those who are using Google Groups go to http://www.penney.org/ and
download his Google groups killfile doohicky
Old May 5th 10, 01:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
vaughn[_3_]

"Terry" wrote in message
Over the last month I've "kill filed" or "blocked sender" in IE express all
the obvious non-pilot posters. Troll posters AND troll feeders. Only about
10 people left!

I have been doing much the same for years, but the reduction in on-topic
activity is similar across all of the groups I read. For many reasons, the
Usenet has been steadily sickening and dying. The elimination of NNTP access
by most Internet providers is part of the reason, and the terrible spam that
Google chooses to allow via its abysmal Google Groups interface is another.
--
-
Vaughn

.................................................. .......
Nothing personal, but if you are posting through Google Groups I may not receive
your message. Google refuses to control the flood of spam messages originating
in their system, so on any given day I may or may not have Google blocked. Try
a real NNTP server & news reader program and you will never go back. All you
need is access to an NNTP server (AKA "news server") and a news reader program.
You probably already have a news reader program in your computer (Hint: Outlook
Express). Assuming that your Usenet needs are modest,
usehttp://www.eternal-september.org/ and/or, http://news.aioe.org/ and/or
https://www.x-privat.org/index.php for free. http://www.teranews.com/ charges a
one-time $3.95 setup fee. Newsguy,
http://www.newsguy.com/ offers a variety of reasonably priced services. If you
wish to experiment with real Usenet access, they will give you a free 2-day
trial account. http://www.cnntp.org/ provides vari

Old May 5th 10, 01:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Terry

snipped

Just lately the non aviation threads have been so obvious its not
worth using a killfile.
Just go past them.

For those who are using Google Groups go to http://www.penney.org/ and
download his Google groups killfile doohicky

Hi George
When you say "just go past them" I understand. But, when you
block senders, you don't have to go past anything. They do not appear
in the newsgroup at all. You don't see their post period!. Maybe
15-30 post each day instead of 100's.

Safe flying...Terry

Old May 5th 10, 02:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On May 4, 10:40*pm, "Morgans" wrote:

*I wish for the days of over 100 posts, mostly on topic. *There was
a lot to be learned by a person like me.

And a lot to be learned by a person like me approaching 1000 hours of
flight time.... Learning stops when I am put 6 feet under.

Old May 5th 10, 02:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark

On May 5, 8:10*am, "Terry" wrote:
Maybe
15-30 post each day instead of 100's.

Safe flying...Terry

Hundreds? Wow, I don't even get a dozen without
a filter.

I suspect things may normalize a bit now that this
Ari Silverstein character has painted himself into a
corner by bringing attention to his own posting
history. He's been instructed to shut his mouth
while third parties look over the situation. Most
likely his false allegations, and attempted
malicious prosecution efforts will land him in the
county pokey for a few months, or in the unemployment
line for good.

---
Mark

Read on how to avoid internet scams and fraud attempts! Please read and inform others if you find it usefull. Mark Piloting 0 April 2nd 10 04:43 PM
Group C-54. See Read Me: 01 of 14- C-54 Read Me.txt (1/1) Rogue Aviation Photos 0 June 1st 09 04:59 PM
Easy Way nick Piloting 12 May 25th 06 05:02 PM
Dave Touretzky posts in this newsgroup. Read what he is up to. [email protected] Aviation Marketplace 0 April 4th 06 08:09 AM
Get Over $50,000 Fast and Easy, READ HOW [email protected] Owning 0 January 1st 05 04:41 PM