CUPX Creator testers wanted

Old February 25th 16, 11:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Stephen Haley[_2_]

Default CUPX Creator testers wanted

(Cupx files allow you to display pictures for waypoints, outlanding sites
and airfields. )

I am looking for a few people who are interested in using cupx files in
their LXNav 90xx. I have written a program that will generate a cupx
file from a standard seeyou cup file that can be used in the LXNav and
should display pictures in the relevant screen.

The program will generate sat pictures from google maps of each
waypoint at the chosen zoom level(s).

I flew with a manually generated one last year and found it helpful in
identifying the TP and thus be able to plan a better route in and out
rather than just fly by gps track.

In theory you can also display cupx in seeyou mobile but the last time I
tried it didnt work. It does work in the desktop seeyou but cant see any
benefit there.

This is the first release of the program so it should be considered very
much alpha. When I am happy with it I will do a general release.

If you would like to volunteer yourself please DO NOT REPLY TO THIS
MESSAGE instead email me with "CUPX" in the title along with your
details.

rgds
Stephen

Old February 26th 16, 01:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner

On Thursday, February 25, 2016 at 3:45:08 PM UTC-8, stevehaley wrote:
[...]

Stephen,

The CUPX files produced by SeeYou work well in SeeYou Mobile PNA. I have produced files using google earth .jpg files for 4 different contest areas with .jpg photos of all the airports. I run the SeeYou PNA on my Ultimate Le Flight computer it is the same program as the Oudie 2

Richard
www.craggyaero.com