Vero Beach Soaring Site Update

Old August 22nd 16, 11:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Vero Beach Soaring Site Update

There is a group of individuals work toward starting a soaring club in the Treasure Coast area of Florida. We have been given the opportunity to lease a large hangar that could store several assembled sailplanes and a towplane. If you are interested in this opportunity just drop me a note and plan on coming to see what we have been offered. This is an excellent opportunity with a core group of people to get the ball rolling. Bob
Old August 24th 16, 10:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Retting

Bob, I can't pull up all of your email address. I would like to hear more on your Soaring Club. You can find my email address and phone number on the SSA site under members.
HRetting
Old August 27th 16, 05:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, August 22, 2016 at 6:47:22 AM UTC-4, wrote:
There is a group of individuals work toward starting a soaring club in the Treasure Coast area of Florida. We have been given the opportunity to lease a large hangar that could store several assembled sailplanes and a towplane. If you are interested in this opportunity just drop me a note and plan on coming to see what we have been offered. This is an excellent opportunity with a core group of people to get the ball rolling. Bob

Henry, good speaking with you, pass the word to the guys in your area about our opportunity. This could be the best soaring site in Florida. Huge hangar, beautiful 3000 plus length excellent location and the price is great. Bob
Old August 28th 16, 03:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

With that kind of room it should be a "plan B" for the Seniors contest. After the fugitive/owner of Seminole Lake got deported out of the United States back to Romania, it's only a matter of time before his assetts get frozen and sold off - like it or not. I have a bad feeling it's going to happen right before the Seniors contest and ruin it for everyone. Florida is in need of a gliderport without a dark cloud hovering overhead.
Old August 28th 16, 12:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rich Owen[_2_]

Congratulations on the beginning of a great adventure. We have lost a good amount of soaring operations in Florida where we have on of the longest soaring seasons. It's great that we may get another club on the west coast of the state.

To ASW20, let me explain again that Seminole-Lake Gliderport and the Senior Soaring Championship is strill thriving!! We have reached out to you on numerous occasions to discuss your issues but to no avail.

Thank you to all of our loyal supporters. Here is a segment from a TV show that highlights the adventures of a travel host as he shows us the sights around Florida. Hope you enjoy it!
https://youtu.be/9R35sOl9Xyw

Old August 30th 16, 01:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Papa[_2_]

On Sunday, August 28, 2016 at 7:43:14 AM UTC-4, Rich Owen wrote:
Congratulations on the beginning of a great adventure. We have lost a good amount of soaring operations in Florida where we have on of the longest soaring seasons. It's great that we may get another club on the west coast of the state.

To ASW20, let me explain again that Seminole-Lake Gliderport and the Senior Soaring Championship is strill thriving!! We have reached out to you on numerous occasions to discuss your issues but to no avail.

Thank you to all of our loyal supporters. Here is a segment from a TV show that highlights the adventures of a travel host as he shows us the sights around Florida. Hope you enjoy it!
https://youtu.be/9R35sOl9Xyw
Cheers,
Rich Owen
ZO

I will head back to my snowbird home in central Florida in less than 2 months, and I look forward to getting back to Seminole Lake for the flying, the friends and the facilities. Rich and his team have been running the operation as well as ever it has been, and ASW20, you should visit and see for yourself if it is a matter of such concern to you. C'mon down y'all
Old September 10th 16, 03:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Looks like a good amount of progress has been made toward the formation of our new club located on the East Coast. Numerous glider pilots and owners have been very supportive of our efforts toward a new glider flying location in Vero Beach. Hotels and restaurants are located within one mile from the soaring location of New Hibiscus Airport. This airport is located just west of I95 at highway 60 exit.
Anyone interested may contact Bob Youngblood

Site Update Maple1 Aviation Photos 0 March 29th 11 11:15 PM
Soaring at Long Beach AOPA Airportfest Nov 11-13 HoUdino Soaring 0 November 3rd 10 10:27 PM
Site Update Maple1 Aviation Photos 0 November 1st 07 06:12 AM
F-15C sim site update... Gene Simulators 0 December 11th 06 06:44 AM
Site Update Steve Products 0 March 17th 04 11:17 PM