A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Vero Beach Soaring Site Update

Old August 22nd 16, 11:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Vero Beach Soaring Site Update

There is a group of individuals work toward starting a soaring club in the Treasure Coast area of Florida. We have been given the opportunity to lease a large hangar that could store several assembled sailplanes and a towplane. If you are interested in this opportunity just drop me a note and plan on coming to see what we have been offered. This is an excellent opportunity with a core group of people to get the ball rolling. Bob
Old August 24th 16, 10:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Retting
external usenet poster

Bob, I can't pull up all of your email address. I would like to hear more on your Soaring Club. You can find my email address and phone number on the SSA site under members.
HRetting
Old August 27th 16, 05:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Monday, August 22, 2016 at 6:47:22 AM UTC-4, wrote:
There is a group of individuals work toward starting a soaring club in the Treasure Coast area of Florida. We have been given the opportunity to lease a large hangar that could store several assembled sailplanes and a towplane. If you are interested in this opportunity just drop me a note and plan on coming to see what we have been offered. This is an excellent opportunity with a core group of people to get the ball rolling. Bob

Henry, good speaking with you, pass the word to the guys in your area about our opportunity. This could be the best soaring site in Florida. Huge hangar, beautiful 3000 plus length excellent location and the price is great. Bob
Old August 28th 16, 03:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

With that kind of room it should be a "plan B" for the Seniors contest. After the fugitive/owner of Seminole Lake got deported out of the United States back to Romania, it's only a matter of time before his assetts get frozen and sold off - like it or not. I have a bad feeling it's going to happen right before the Seniors contest and ruin it for everyone. Florida is in need of a gliderport without a dark cloud hovering overhead.
Old August 28th 16, 12:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rich Owen[_2_]
external usenet poster

Congratulations on the beginning of a great adventure. We have lost a good amount of soaring operations in Florida where we have on of the longest soaring seasons. It's great that we may get another club on the west coast of the state.

To ASW20, let me explain again that Seminole-Lake Gliderport and the Senior Soaring Championship is strill thriving!! We have reached out to you on numerous occasions to discuss your issues but to no avail.

Thank you to all of our loyal supporters. Here is a segment from a TV show that highlights the adventures of a travel host as he shows us the sights around Florida. Hope you enjoy it!
https://youtu.be/9R35sOl9Xyw
Old August 28th 16, 12:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rich Owen[_2_]
external usenet poster

Congratulations on the beginning of a great adventure. We have lost a good amount of soaring operations in Florida where we have on of the longest soaring seasons. It's great that we may get another club on the west coast of the state.

To ASW20, let me explain again that Seminole-Lake Gliderport and the Senior Soaring Championship is strill thriving!! We have reached out to you on numerous occasions to discuss your issues but to no avail.

Thank you to all of our loyal supporters. Here is a segment from a TV show that highlights the adventures of a travel host as he shows us the sights around Florida. Hope you enjoy it!
Cheers,
Rich Owen
ZO
Old August 30th 16, 01:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Papa[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Sunday, August 28, 2016 at 7:43:14 AM UTC-4, Rich Owen wrote:

Cheers,
Rich Owen
ZO

I will head back to my snowbird home in central Florida in less than 2 months, and I look forward to getting back to Seminole Lake for the flying, the friends and the facilities. Rich and his team have been running the operation as well as ever it has been, and ASW20, you should visit and see for yourself if it is a matter of such concern to you. C'mon down y'all
Old September 10th 16, 03:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Looks like a good amount of progress has been made toward the formation of our new club located on the East Coast. Numerous glider pilots and owners have been very supportive of our efforts toward a new glider flying location in Vero Beach. Hotels and restaurants are located within one mile from the soaring location of New Hibiscus Airport. This airport is located just west of I95 at highway 60 exit.
Anyone interested may contact Bob Youngblood