Palm Springs FBOs and alternatives ?

Old September 3rd 05, 08:57 PM
grubertm

Default Palm Springs FBOs and alternatives ?

I am planning a day trip to KPSP in a few weeks. Has anyone been there
recently ? Which FBO should I go with: Atlantic or Signature ? What are
the landing / tie-down fees ? Would it be better to land at Bermuda
Dunes and take a cab to downtown Palm Springs instead ?

- Marco

Old September 3rd 05, 10:51 PM
Larry Dighera

On 3 Sep 2005 12:57:57 -0700, "grubertm" wrote
in .com::

I am planning a day trip to KPSP in a few weeks. Has anyone been there
recently ?

It's been several years since I was there last. Sorry.

Which FBO should I go with: Atlantic or Signature ? What are
the landing / tie-down fees ?

You might find some useful information he
http://www.airnav.com/airport/KPSP

Would it be better to land at Bermuda
Dunes and take a cab to downtown Palm Springs instead ?

- Marco

Better in what respect? Cost?

Go for the first class treatment at PSP. You'll like it. And don't
neglect to see the Robert Pond collection at the air museum on the
field: http://www.palmspringsusa.com/palm_s...air_museum.cfm

You'll be happy you did. Read the review on the AirNav page at the
link above.
Old September 3rd 05, 11:40 PM
grubertm

Larry, I checked airnav before posting, but the reviews were not all
that helpful- conflicting and/or outdated.
"Better" in terms of cost and location. I am not entirely sure which
part of Palm Springs is worth seeing and so don't know how long the
ride would be from either airport..

- Marco

Old September 4th 05, 12:26 AM
Larry Dighera

On 3 Sep 2005 15:40:04 -0700, "grubertm" wrote
in . com::

"Better" in terms of cost and location. I am not entirely sure which
part of Palm Springs is worth seeing

I don't know either, but in the old days Palm Canyon Drive was the
center of town.

and so don't know how long the ride would be from either airport..

Bermuda Dunes isn't too far from KPSP, and services are reasonable.
There's a decent restaurant in the golf course adjacent. I usually
land there because I have a friend who lives in la Quinta.

Unless you're a golfer, I'm not sure what there is to do in PS beside
lounging in the pool. Perhaps there's some nightlife.

You might find a flight around the top of the tram interesting, and
once on the ground, you could take the tram to the top of Mt. San
Jacinto, and go for a hike in the cool, piney, mountain air. But
don't miss the Robert Pond air museum.

It's not far from Big Bear, and there's a lot of activity for tourists
there. It might be a better choice for a summer outing (cooler).

Old September 4th 05, 07:25 AM
Mike 'Flyin'8'

When I went there on Mothers Day, I went to Atlantic Aviation for a
Tie Down. It did not cost me dime, no landing fee either. The people
at Atlantic even took the time to transport me and my parents to the
Museum down the road. I would highly recommend Atlantic at PSP.

On 3 Sep 2005 12:57:57 -0700, "grubertm" wrote:

I am planning a day trip to KPSP in a few weeks. Has anyone been there
recently ? Which FBO should I go with: Atlantic or Signature ? What are
the landing / tie-down fees ? Would it be better to land at Bermuda
Dunes and take a cab to downtown Palm Springs instead ?

- Marco

Mike Alexander
PP-ASEL
Temecula, CA