Big Rogues Gallery Update!

Old November 11th 05, 03:23 AM
Jay Honeck

Default Big Rogues Gallery Update!

http://www.php.net/manual/en/

Wow, what a perfect name.

PPPPHHHHHHPPPPPPPTTTT!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

Old November 11th 05, 04:05 AM
George Patterson

Jay Honeck wrote:
I may not be rich, but I wouldn't trade owning a plane for a king's
ransom...

Oh, you're rich by about anyone's definition.

In all ways except money...

Bull. You're bringing in enough to provide for the care and feeding of a wife,
two kids, a hangared Pathfinder, five cars, a Gold Wing, a house, and a hotel.
And you talk about buying a place with enough land for your own airport.

George Patterson
Drink is the curse of the land. It makes you quarrel with your neighbor.
It makes you shoot at your landlord. And it makes you miss him.
Old November 11th 05, 04:16 AM
Doug

New Age definition of a millionaire. Someone who OWES a million
dollars!!!!

Old November 11th 05, 05:05 PM
David Dyer-Bennet

George Patterson writes:

Jay Honeck wrote:
I may not be rich, but I wouldn't trade owning a plane for a
king's ransom...

Oh, you're rich by about anyone's definition.

In all ways except money...

Bull. You're bringing in enough to provide for the care and feeding of
a wife, two kids, a hangared Pathfinder, five cars, a Gold Wing, a
house, and a hotel. And you talk about buying a place with enough land
for your own airport.

I've always thought of "rich" as meaning that, if I stopped cranking,
the world would continue to turn. Sounds like Jay is doing okay, but
if he stopped cranking, his world would come to a screeching halt
pretty quick, so I can see why that doesn't feel like "rich" to him.

In some statistical sense, everybody on this newsgroup is rich --
certainly making far above the median worldwide income, for example.
Old November 11th 05, 05:18 PM
Montblack

("David Dyer-Bennet" wrote)
I've always thought of "rich" as meaning that, if I stopped cranking,
the world would continue to turn. Sounds like Jay is doing okay, but
if he stopped cranking, his world would come to a screeching halt
pretty quick, so I can see why that doesn't feel like "rich" to him.

I like these ideas
Rich ...........working hard for your money.
Wealthy .....your money works hard for you.

In some statistical sense, everybody on this newsgroup is rich --
certainly making far above the median worldwide income, for example.

I, for one, am indebted to these groups for all they have given to me over
the years. Top that for syrupy!

Montblack

Old November 11th 05, 10:47 PM
Jay Honeck

Bull. You're bringing in enough to provide for the care and feeding of a wife,
two kids, a hangared Pathfinder, five cars, a Gold Wing, a house, and a hotel.
And you talk about buying a place with enough land for your own airport.

I'll bet you a gallon of avgas that you and your wife had more
after-tax income last year than Mary and I did. After expenses, last
year we made less *together* than I used to make in just three months
in our previous business.

However, there's more to life than money. And we're not done with the
place yet -- not by a long shot.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 11th 05, 11:45 PM
George Patterson

Jay Honeck wrote:

I'll bet you a gallon of avgas that you and your wife had more
after-tax income last year than Mary and I did.

Jay, you spent more on that Pathfinder last year than my entire net income.

And that's not the issue. I don't really care waht you make. It's just that your
occasional poor mouthing is irritating.

Old November 12th 05, 04:29 AM
Jose

I'll bet you a gallon of avgas...

If you can afford a gallon of avgas these days, you are wealthy beyond
imagining.

Jose
--
He who laughs, lasts.
Old November 12th 05, 01:13 PM
Eduardo K.

In article 69Ucf.559319$xm3.312674@attbi_s21,
Jay Honeck wrote:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/

Wow, what a perfect name.

PPPPHHHHHHPPPPPPPTTTT!

:P

check this:

http://www.nn.cl/aviation/alexisparkinn.com/rogue's_gallery.php

its a small script that looks in a 'rdata' directory for directories with
pictures. each directory has a data.txt file withthe text and picture names.

all you need to do it mantain the directories.

this in an example data.txt file:

Added 11/28/03
Mike Adams -- 1967 Cessna Skylane 182K -- N2533R
Mike is based at Deer Valley Airport (DVT) in Phoenix, AZ, and by his own words has been a long-time "lurker" -- and occasional poster -- on the aviation newsgroups. He and his son, Steve, flew into their first Oshkosh in 2003, and enjoyed the Newsgroup Party in the North 40!
N2533R.jpg|Mike's Cessna Skylane -- those Horton speed mods net him 150 KTAS!
marblecanyon.jpg|Parked in Marble Canyon, AZ (L41), between Page, AZ and the Grand Canyon
OSHcampsite.jpg|Mike & Steve at their OSH 2003 campsite. They're hoping to return in 2004.
pagosa.jpg|In Pagosa Springs, CO (2V1) in March of 2003 looking North into the Weminuche wilderness area.

(I still need to come out with a decent index and with search, but thats
easy to program once you figure out how you want to display it)

--
Eduardo K. |
http://www.carfun.cl | Freedom's just another word

Old November 13th 05, 12:21 AM
Matt Whiting

Jay Honeck wrote:

Bull. You're bringing in enough to provide for the care and feeding of a wife,
two kids, a hangared Pathfinder, five cars, a Gold Wing, a house, and a hotel.
And you talk about buying a place with enough land for your own airport.

I'll bet you a gallon of avgas that you and your wife had more
after-tax income last year than Mary and I did. After expenses, last
year we made less *together* than I used to make in just three months
in our previous business.

However, there's more to life than money. And we're not done with the
place yet -- not by a long shot.

I assume you are talking income from the income statement perspective.
How much did your property increase in value last year? As a sole
proprietor, you have to include you balance sheet as well. :-)
Changes in owner's equity is an important source of "income" as well.

Matt