Attn: RC

Old February 26th 12, 04:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill D

Default Attn: RC

Just in case rampant cockpit tech wasn't problematic enough...
http://rdd.me/zeqevk9j
Old February 26th 12, 06:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default RC

Oh, boy! Now I can stay at home on the couch and let my glider do my flying
for me!

"In the year 2525..."

Old February 27th 12, 12:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

On Feb 26, 8:52*am, Bill D wrote:
Just in case rampant cockpit tech wasn't problematic enough...http://rdd.me/zeqevk9j

Wondering about the rampant cockpit tech...
A technician standing up, like "lions rampant"?
Can't have that.
Jim
Old February 27th 12, 03:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris Nicholas[_2_]

Bring it on, as long as they have Flarm so we can “avoid” them and
vice versa. Then we can see their climb rates and go anywhere, knowing
that many thermals will be marked. Put them up observing vehicle
thieves and rioters all over the country, and cross country gliding
will be transformed.

Chris N
Old February 27th 12, 06:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
soartech[_2_]

On Feb 26, 11:52*am, Bill D wrote:
Just in case rampant cockpit tech wasn't problematic enough...http://rdd.me/zeqevk9j

This has already been accomplished back in 2008 in an XC contest no
less.

Autonomous Soaring: The Montague Cross Country Challenge
repository.lib.ncsu.edu/ir/bitstream/1840.16/5978/1/etd.pdf
Old February 27th 12, 08:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Feb 27, 10:52*am, soartech wrote:
On Feb 26, 11:52*am, Bill D wrote:

Just in case rampant cockpit tech wasn't problematic enough...http://rdd.me/zeqevk9j

This has already been accomplished back in 2008 in an XC contest no
less.

Autonomous Soaring: The Montague Cross Country Challenge
repository.lib.ncsu.edu/ir/bitstream/1840.16/5978/1/etd.pdf

This was a model Sailplane Contest, sponsered by DG Airparts.

website :

http://www.xcsoaring.com/contests/mccc/2008/report.html

The group that had the autopilot placed in the middle of the pack
overall in the 2008 contest.

The model gliders were winch launched and flew up to a 75 mile
course. The autopilot team would launch and retreive the model
manually and once on course the autopilot did the rest. The autopilot
followed the course straigt line and would only thermal to the right.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

www.craggyaero.com
Old February 27th 12, 09:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig[_2_]

On Feb 26, 11:52*am, Bill D wrote:

[...]

Great link. Thanks Richard.

Craig
Old February 27th 12, 10:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig[_2_]

On Feb 26, 11:52*am, Bill D wrote:

[...]

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...KEAo2jrahYEtYg

Here's a link to the technical dissertation describing the glider and
systems.

Pretty cool stuff.

Craig
Old February 28th 12, 01:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 14:00:55 -0800, Craig wrote:

On Feb 27, 1:44Â*pm, Craig wrote:
On Feb 27, 12:54Â*pm, Richard wrote:

On Feb 27, 10:52Â*am, soartech wrote:

On Feb 26, 11:52Â*am, Bill D wrote:

Just in case rampant cockpit tech wasn't problematic
enough...http://rdd.me/zeqevk9j

This has already been accomplished back in 2008 in an XC contest no
less.

Autonomous Soaring: The Montague Cross Country Challenge
repository.lib.ncsu.edu/ir/bitstream/1840.16/5978/1/etd.pdf

This was a model Sailplane Contest, Â*sponsered by DG Airparts.

website :

http://www.xcsoaring.com/contests/mccc/2008/report.html

Â* Â* The group that had the autopilot placed in the middle of the
Â* Â* pack
overall in the 2008 Â*contest.

The model gliders were winch launched and flew up to a 75 mile
course. Â* Â*The autopilot team would launch and retreive the model
manually and once on course the autopilot did the rest. Â*The
autopilot followed the course straigt line and would only thermal to
the right.

Richardwww.craggyaero.com

www.craggyaero.com

Great link. Thanks Richard.

Craig

http://www.google.com/url?

sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CDQQFjAC &url=http%3A%2F%
2Frepository.lib.ncsu.edu%2Fir%2Fbitstream%2F1840. 16%2F5978%2F1%
2Fetd.pdf&ei=XfxLT7LLAsHiiAKp7ODDDw&usg=AFQjCNHO7k 4yYd8D1lj8_A-
pHDK3XAlXew&sig2=ImKTzVfRKEAo2jrahYEtYg

Here's a link to the technical dissertation describing the glider and
systems.

Pretty cool stuff.

Craig

Thanks for posting that. Most interesting.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK

Attn Recce jim morris Aviation Photos 0 March 28th 08 08:22 PM
Attn MXSMANIC Barney Rubble Piloting 1 October 17th 06 06:57 PM
Attn: Jim Weir - 24v to 12v Jackal24 Home Built 2 December 24th 05 05:29 AM
Attn Jay... Jim Burns Owning 20 July 11th 05 02:44 PM
ATTN: Art Kramer robert arndt Military Aviation 2 July 4th 03 02:33 PM