Mxsmanic , IFR sensations, and some other stuff

Old May 20th 08, 11:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.simulators
Helen Waite

Default Mxsmanic , IFR sensations, and some other stuff

gatt wrote in
:

Helen Waite wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote in

Not necessary. I completed an Instrument Proficiency Check three
weeks ago. I wasn't even due for it, just did it anyway. Six
different approaches, radar vectoring, unusual attitude recovery,
etc.
What were the weather conditions?

It was an IPC. Anybody who has done an IPC in flight knows they're
typically done under the hood.

Are you really that stupid? Why does the weather conditions matter.
Show us from the FARs what weather conditions are required for an
IPC.

Well, Ash might call me an arrogant ass for pointing this out, but
when I did my instrument checkride, it included getting stuck in a
20-minute hold in solid IMC. Not only did I live, I passed the
checkride.

I've shot plenty of approaches in zero visibility, in a Frasca Tru
Flight--a REAL flight simulator--so I've pretty much got it covered no
matter how you look at it. I've certainly got nothing to prove to
some video-game addict, regardless of what he claims he read
somewhere.

-c

I know that YOU know what real IFR flight is. Anthony doesn't. His
question to you was yet another example of what another poster aptly
referred to as IMC = Ignoramus Mxsmanic Claims.

Since he posts his drivel to a student news group and has NEVER flown a
real airplane, even the slightest error on his part should be pounced upon
and verified so students who are unaware of his total and complete lack of
qualifications will not ever listen to anything he says.