a pilot question

Old February 9th 08, 06:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

Default a pilot question

On Feb 7, 10:26*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
writes:
I have tried 4 or 5. They all sucked.

A whole four or five, eh? *Sounds like a pretty exhaustive survey.

What is a "real' pilot?

A pilot with a license to fly a real-world airplane. *Of course, that isn't
really very specific.

Which advanced simulators are you referring to?

Most of them, since desktop simulators are among the simplest ones available.

I learn humility when I fly. How can you be humbled by a simulator?

Ah, so you haven't yet tried them all, eh?

Hmm. I've run a fair number of desktop simulators -- some even
certificated for IFR flight training, though only in demo mode.
Old February 13th 08, 12:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

On Feb 9, 12:13*am, Mxsmanic wrote:
writes:
However, if you have not done both, then it is a matter over which you
can have no opinion.

And yet I do have an opinion, which invalidates your assertion.

Not so. What it does show is your inability to understand that
opinions based on no experience have no value.

If a person has never encountered Indian cuisine in person, how can
they compare it to how much they enjoy French cuisine? They can't.
They have to encounter it in person first. Otherwise their opinion can
have no value -- because it is utterly uninformed.

And also we can apply that he your personal opinion comparing how
exciting it is flying a real aircraft vs. playing with a simulator is
based on nothing. You can't say how exciting it is to fly a plane --
period. You can say how exciting it is for you to operate a simulator
though.

It's hard for me to apply the word "excitement" to playing with a
flight simulator, even one as neato as MSFS.
Old February 13th 08, 12:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

And you've never made a mistake while flying in these simulators, no matter
how trying the conditions of flight?

What constitutes a "mistake" when playing with a simulator --
especially one that has been designed for entertainment and not
proceedural training?
Old February 26th 08, 06:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators
indoubt

wrote:
Hi all,

I'm a pilot. I mean for real. Like certificated. My question is, why
aren't sims worth a damn? They're cheezy and crappy. The flight models
are wrong. The radio equipment doesn't work right. The terrain isn't
photorealistic and I can't pull negative Gs. You can't do pilotage.
The dead reckoning doesn't match up with real charts. What's wrong
with those computer programming geek f0ks? Can't they get anything
right?

When will I be able to learn something from a sim?

Go to
http://fs-mp.com/
Do some flying there with real life ATC controllers etc etc etc.
Take part for some of the numerous events for example.

You must be still playing some simulator from the 8-bit Nintendo age.
Try installing FSX and try again ....

--

-indoubt-

"Cavaeat humanus sic tofu burritus e toga."

(Beware of the man with a tofu burrito in his toga.)

safety pilot question Rachel Piloting 2 December 9th 05 03:37 AM
Question about pilot forums John Huthmaker Piloting 14 November 28th 05 07:45 AM
Sport pilot question [email protected] Home Built 27 May 30th 05 08:09 PM
Fighter pilot question Peter MacPherson Piloting 10 October 8th 04 03:12 PM
pilot-in-command question... Tom Kreyche Piloting 8 August 23rd 04 01:53 PM