Need Source for Slip-On Foam Yoke Grips

Old February 27th 04, 03:48 AM
Carl Orton

Default Need Source for Slip-On Foam Yoke Grips

I've seen slip-on black foam grips that you can use on the skinny mid-60's
Cessna control yokes.

I'm not talking about the leather wrap covers - these are like an open-cell
spongy foam that just slips over the yoke "horns".

I've searched King, Sporty's Aircraft Spruce, the archives, all to no avail.

Anyone have a source?

Thanks;
Carl

Old February 27th 04, 02:14 PM
john smith

Carl Orton wrote:
I've seen slip-on black foam grips that you can use on the skinny mid-60's
Cessna control yokes.
I'm not talking about the leather wrap covers - these are like an open-cell
spongy foam that just slips over the yoke "horns".
I've searched King, Sporty's Aircraft Spruce, the archives, all to no avail.
Anyone have a source?

Carl, why would you want foam?
It breaks down within a year... it leaves sticky black flakes on your
fingers and hands... it turns grey with age... it loses its resilientcy.
Go for the leather covers. They last longer, look great, feel good, can
be cleaned with saddle soap.

Old February 27th 04, 02:55 PM
Dan Thomas

"Carl Orton" wrote in message ...
I've seen slip-on black foam grips that you can use on the skinny mid-60's
Cessna control yokes.

I'm not talking about the leather wrap covers - these are like an open-cell
spongy foam that just slips over the yoke "horns".

I've searched King, Sporty's Aircraft Spruce, the archives, all to no avail.

Anyone have a source?

Thanks;
Carl

Bicycle shops sell foam-tube grips that are used on racing and
touring bikes. Got them on mine.

Dan
Old February 27th 04, 06:20 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Carl Orton wrote:

I've seen slip-on black foam grips that you can use on the skinny mid-60's
Cessna control yokes.
Anyone have a source?

An outfit called Warren Gregoire & Associates used to sell them. The number was
800-634-0094 in 1995.

George Patterson
A diplomat is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that
you look forward to the trip.
Old February 27th 04, 07:09 PM
Michael

"Carl Orton" wrote
I've seen slip-on black foam grips that you can use on the skinny mid-60's
Cessna control yokes...
Anyone have a source?

Your local bicycle shop.

Michael
Old February 28th 04, 01:50 AM
Carl Orton

Thanks to all; hadn't thought about the cycle shop - that would work well.

Looking through the Gregoire site, it appears all he has now are the leather
wraps. I dunno; they just look a bit odd to me. Guess I'll have to check
around and see if anyone local has some installed so I can see them
firsthand.

Thanks again;
Carl

Old February 28th 04, 04:22 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Carl Orton wrote:

Looking through the Gregoire site, it appears all he has now are the leather
wraps. I dunno; they just look a bit odd to me.

Ah! They have a web site now. Go back and take a look at the "slip-on grips".
http://www.warrengregoire.com/aviation-slipongrips.htm
That's what I bought for my 150.