Whatever happened to ?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 25th 04, 11:15 AM
Vaughn

"Kevin Brooks" wrote in message

Who gave Al Zarqawi refuge? Who gave Abu Nidal refuge for a decade or so?
Abu Abbas? Who delighted in butchering civilians? Who planned and actions
that targeted US leaders (outside a time of war)? Answers: Saddam, Saddam,
Saddam *and* OBL, and Saddam *and* OBL.

All apparently true, and as I DID say earlier, no worse than other Arab
countries with which the present administration is not at war.

No, contrary to your assertion, the White House has apparently not been
looking very hard for linkage between Saddam and AQ.
There were some reports
that senior AQ personnel visited Iraq, as guests of one of the Iraqi
intelligence organizations, pre-war, traveling from Sudan.

There is probaby a very good reason why you did not hear much about thoes
allegations.

Then there is the
whole Al Zarqawi issue. But we have seen precious little indicating that the
WH has been diligently searching for further evidence.

As I previously noted...

While you express an opinion that you'd like to see Al Zarqawi in a body
bag, you don't seem to be very concerned over his reportedly being given
refuge in Iraq by Saddam--why is that?

Again, something I previously addressed.

(sarcasm off) This is an interesting point! What law? Seriously;

are
you saying that Clinton "made" Bush attack Iraq? Or even that he set

foreign
policy that the Bush administration was powerless to change or ignore?

PL 105-338, "The Iraqi Liberation Act", was indeed signed into law by
Clinton. "It should be the policy of the United States to support efforts to
remove the regime headed by Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq and to promote
the emergence of a democratic government to replace that regime." Clinton
signed it into law in 1998, after it was passed by the House 360-38, and by
unanimous consent in the Senate. The goal was clearly stated.

Thanks for the info. But I notice that you ignored my questions about the
import of PL 105-338 to the present administration after berating me for simply
not addressing each and every of your points. Please don't bother now, this
exchange has gone long enough.

Vaughn