schwiezer 300 aerobatic video ??

Old September 8th 04, 09:37 AM
jad

Default schwiezer 300 aerobatic video ??

Hi Guys,

Im after a video link that was posted on this newsgroup sometime ago..
It was a long video (approx 30mb) of a Schwiezer/Hughes 300 doing
aerobatic manouvers at low level at an airport! I remember it had a
sound recording also including Robbie William

Anyways, anyone know the link for this file ??

regards,

Jad
Old September 9th 04, 06:24 AM
joe

Maybe this was the video of the guy who didn't wait for his instructor and
tried it on his own? Did it end in a pile of parts?

Joe

Old September 9th 04, 11:24 AM
jad

"jad" wrote in message

Hi Guys,

Im after a video link that was posted on this newsgroup sometime ago..
It was a long video (approx 30mb) of a Schwiezer/Hughes 300 doing
aerobatic manouvers at low level at an airport! I remember it had a
sound recording also including Robbie William

Anyways, anyone know the link for this file ??

regards,

Jad

nah not the one!! its a large file approx 30mb!

thanks anyways
Old September 9th 04, 04:15 PM
XBDT

jad wrote in :

Hi Guys,

Im after a video link that was posted on this newsgroup sometime ago..
It was a long video (approx 30mb) of a Schwiezer/Hughes 300 doing
aerobatic manouvers at low level at an airport! I remember it had a
sound recording also including Robbie William

Anyways, anyone know the link for this file ??

regards,

Jad

It is this one:

I'm sure!

http://www.helisite.be/

then click on "Superb video helicopter skill (under Most popular Items)

Best regards,

Xavier
Old September 9th 04, 05:07 PM
Steve R.

"joe" wrote in message
Maybe this was the video of the guy who didn't wait for his instructor and
tried it on his own? Did it end in a pile of parts?

Joe

I don't know if that's the video he's refering to but I can confirm that in
the vid you're refering to, the helicopter did indeed wind up in a pile of
parts. You look at the wreckage at the end of the clip and you wonder how
in the world that guy walked away from. The video is about 1:20 (min:sec)
long. The "flight" (ie the part where the helicopter is actually off the
ground) only lasts about 30 seconds. It's amazing how many gyrations that
bird went though before he touched the tail rotor to the ground. Shortly
after that, the camera man was ducking behind another aircraft that was tied
on the ramp so you don't get to see much until after all the parts are
finished being scattered about. It's definitely impressive and was
absolutely stupid on the part of the student pilot.

It's one of the best examples of an old saying that goes something along the
lines of, "Aviation, in and of itself, is not inherently dangerous.
However, like the sea, it is extremely unforgiving of the ignorant or
careless."

Fly Safe,
Steve R.

PS: I also remember reading somewhere that the student pilot in this case
was the owner of the aircraft involved? Can anyone confirm whether or not
this is true? If it is, that's one good bit of news. I'd hate to think he
did that to someone elses helicopter!

Old September 11th 04, 12:03 AM
Beav

"jad" wrote in message

Hi Guys,

Im after a video link that was posted on this newsgroup sometime ago..
It was a long video (approx 30mb) of a Schwiezer/Hughes 300 doing
aerobatic manouvers at low level at an airport! I remember it had a
sound recording also including Robbie William

Anyways, anyone know the link for this file ??

regards,

Jad

nah not the one!! its a large file approx 30mb!

Dennis Kenyon in the UK was (is) the pilot. He won thee WorldHheli Aerobtics
Championship in 1976 flying the routine and he still flies it these days. He
used an Enstrom in '76, but he'll fly the manouevres in any heli.

Try googling for Dennis Kenyon

Beav

Old September 11th 04, 06:38 PM
Ken Sandyeggo

Try this: http://libra.technology.users.btopen...m/DRKJ2002.WMV
Old September 12th 04, 11:17 AM
Ric

If he owed me money I would be keen to get it back before his next show!!

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz *AT* adelphia *DOT* net wrote in
message news
On 11 Sep 2004 10:38:06 -0700, (Ken Sandyeggo)
wrote:

jad wrote in message

Hi Guys,

Im after a video link that was posted on this newsgroup sometime ago..
It was a long video (approx 30mb) of a Schwiezer/Hughes 300 doing
aerobatic manouvers at low level at an airport! I remember it had a
sound recording also including Robbie William

Anyways, anyone know the link for this file ??

regards,

Jad

Try this:
http://libra.technology.users.btopen...m/DRKJ2002.WMV

OK, that was completely cool.. Maybe a couple thousand more hours I
can try that kind of stuff. heeh

Old September 12th 04, 11:22 AM
jad

jad wrote:
Hi Guys,

Im after a video link that was posted on this newsgroup sometime ago..
It was a long video (approx 30mb) of a Schwiezer/Hughes 300 doing
aerobatic manouvers at low level at an airport! I remember it had a
sound recording also including Robbie William

Anyways, anyone know the link for this file ??

regards,

Jad

yep.. thats the one!!! thanks for that, much appreciated!!

Old September 12th 04, 03:59 PM
Beav

"Ric" wrote in message
u...
If he owed me money I would be keen to get it back before his next show!!

How about a little DK story? Ok..)

DK not only flies heli's he also sells them as a dealer and *apparently*
he'd done a deal with a guy on a Hughes 500. Deal done and the 500 awaiting
either collection or deleivery. It never happened because "the routine" was
flown with the 500, but it wasn't quite so good as his others and the 500
was rolled into a ball. An uninsured ball by all accounts.

The buyers was out one 500 and the money too.

Now this could be total ********, but I have it on good authority that it's
not.

--
Beav

Please note my E-mail address is "beavis dot original at ntlworld dot com"
(with the obvious changes)

Beavisland now lives at
www.beavisoriginal.co.uk