Liar Liar Pants On Fire Dept: Moller

Old September 4th 07, 04:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron Wanttaja

Default Liar Liar Pants On Fire Dept: Moller

On Mon, 3 Sep 2007 22:29:24 -0400, "Morgans" wrote:

"ChuckSlusarczyk" wrote

...or with zoom campbell :-)

Nah, sorry Chuck.

Jim Campbell is just a sleaze with no accomplishments to his name. At least
the other two had a dream and some talent to go along with their sleaze, but
came up well short of the mark.

Jim doesn't even know where a mark is.

I take exception to that. I think Jim is excellent at picking out marks.

Ron wanttaja
Old September 4th 07, 02:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Mark Hickey

"Robert Barker" wrote:

"Dale Alexander" wrote in message
No...liberals can be duped by just about anybody or anything...just look
at all of their "religious beliefs".

Dale Alexander

And conservatives can be duped by anyone with a smile. As evidence, look at
the people who voted for the Shrub and still think that Iraq was part or
9/11.

Thanks to the media, not the administration.

I've bet dozens of people that they couldn't find ONE quote from the
Bush administration claiming Iraq was involved in the 9/11 attacks.
There are plenty of quotes from the Bush administration clearly
stating that there's no reason to believe that Iraq was involved, but
don't let that influence your "relligion".

Mark "just the facts" Hickey
Old September 4th 07, 03:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , Morgans says...

"ChuckSlusarczyk" wrote

...or with zoom campbell :-)

Nah, sorry Chuck.

Jim Campbell is just a sleaze with no accomplishments to his name. At least
the other two had a dream and some talent to go along with their sleaze, but
came up well short of the mark.

Jim doesn't even know where a mark is.

zoom seems to know how to con people into supporting him. Since the demise of US
Aviator he's managed to start ANN and get advertizers,got involved with Rutans
Spaceship ,the zero G ride project and the Rocket Racing League. That much he
has a talent for .How he manages to dupe new people is amazing but I seen him do
it over and over.

Chuck

Old September 4th 07, 03:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Mark Hickey wrote in
:

"Robert Barker" wrote:

"Dale Alexander" wrote in message
No...liberals can be duped by just about anybody or anything...just
look at all of their "religious beliefs".

Dale Alexander

And conservatives can be duped by anyone with a smile. As evidence,
look at the people who voted for the Shrub and still think that Iraq
was part or 9/11.

Thanks to the media, not the administration.

I've bet dozens of people that they couldn't find ONE quote from the
Bush administration claiming Iraq was involved in the 9/11 attacks.

This is disingenuous.

They associated the two in theminds of the populace by saying that the
war in Iraq was part of the war on terror, whatever the **** that is..

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...0070724-3.html

There are plenty of quotes from the Bush administration clearly
stating that there's no reason to believe that Iraq was involved, but
don't let that influence your "relligion".

Bwawhahwhahwhahwhahhwhahwhahwhhahwhahwhahhwhah!

Bertie

Old September 4th 07, 05:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, said:
I've bet dozens of people that they couldn't find ONE quote from the
Bush administration claiming Iraq was involved in the 9/11 attacks.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Jun16.html
Along with the contention that Saddam Hussein was stockpiling weapons
of mass destruction, President Bush, Vice President Cheney and other
top administration officials have often asserted that there were
extensive ties between Hussein's government and Osama bin Laden's
terrorist network; earlier this year, Cheney said evidence of a link
was "overwhelming."
In late 2001, Cheney said it was "pretty well confirmed" that Sept. 11
mastermind Mohamed Atta met with a senior Iraqi intelligence official
before the attacks, in April 2000 in Prague; Cheney later said the
meeting could not be proved or disproved.

Bush, in his speech aboard an aircraft carrier on May 1, 2003, asserted:
"The liberation of Iraq is a crucial advance in the campaign against
terror. We've removed an ally of al Qaeda and cut off a source of
terrorist funding."

In September, Cheney said on NBC's "Meet the Press": "If we're successful
in Iraq . . . then we will have struck a major blow right at the heart of
the base, if you will, the geographic base of the terrorists who had us
under assault now for many years, but most especially on 9/11."

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/ar...11_challenged/
But Cheney left that possibility wide open in a nationally televised
interview two days ago, claiming that the administration is learning
"more and more" about connections between Al Qaeda and Iraq before the
Sept. 11 attacks. The statement surprised some analysts and officials
who have reviewed intelligence reports from Iraq.

What do I win?

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
If NT is your answer, you don't understand the question
Old September 4th 07, 05:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

"ChuckSlusarczyk" wrote

zoom seems to know how to con people into supporting him. Since the demise
of US
Aviator he's managed to start ANN and get advertizers,got involved with
Rutans
Spaceship ,the zero G ride project and the Rocket Racing League. That much
he
has a talent for .How he manages to dupe new people is amazing but I seen
him do
it over and over.

I guess that _mark_ was a poor word to use, in this context.

By mark, I was meaning "a goal", used like, "his actual work fell way short
of the _mark_."

It would be easy to see how it could be used for him, as in, "His next
_mark_ to be fooled with his current con game was gullible, and easy to
dupe."

I'll have to be careful, (NOT !) or I will find myself being told to
"govern yourself accordingly."
;-)
--
Jim in NC

Old September 4th 07, 06:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

"Peter Dohm" wrote

EIGHT does seem a bit extreme, and I am no fan of Moller.

But I seem to recall that, back in the early days of the ultralight
movement, someone did build an ultralight using FIVE very small
Briggs&Straton engines--which flew quite well as did his later designs...

With a wing to hold up the craft, losing an engine or two, or even all of
them is not a great problem. The aircraft can be landed with a minimal
amount of energy.

With the engines holding up the craft, when they quit, it is like sawing off
the wing of an airplane. It is going to "land" with a great deal of energy,
and probably kill the pilot. That is why it has only flown on the tether.
--
Jim in NC

Old September 4th 07, 06:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Frank Stutzman[_2_]

Paul Tomblin wrote:

[much snippage citing some very credible press sources]

What do I win?

Got me.

But humor me and reconcile your above snipped cites with the
following exchange that happend at a white house press conferance
held January 31, 2003 with the president and Tony Blair:

Q: One question for both of you. Do you believe that there
is a link between Saddam Hussein, a direct link,
and the men who attached on September the 11th?

THE PRESIDENT: I can't make that claim.

THE PRIME MINISTER: That answers your question.

For the full context see
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...030131-23.html

--
Frank Stutzman
Bonanza N494B "Hula Girl"

Old September 4th 07, 06:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, Frank Stutzman said:
Paul Tomblin wrote:
[much snippage citing some very credible press sources]

What do I win?

Got me.

But humor me and reconcile your above snipped cites with the
following exchange that happend at a white house press conferance
held January 31, 2003 with the president and Tony Blair:

Q: One question for both of you. Do you believe that there
is a link between Saddam Hussein, a direct link,
and the men who attached on September the 11th?

THE PRESIDENT: I can't make that claim.

Reconcile it? He's a politician. Therefore, he lies for a living. This
is one such lie.

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
I once successfully declined a departmental retreat, saying that on
Old September 4th 07, 07:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Frank Stutzman wrote in news:fbk548$2v43$1
@stationair.kjsl.com:

Paul Tomblin wrote:

[much snippage citing some very credible press sources]

What do I win?

Got me.

But humor me and reconcile your above snipped cites with the
following exchange that happend at a white house press conferance
held January 31, 2003 with the president and Tony Blair:

Q: One question for both of you. Do you believe that there
is a link between Saddam Hussein, a direct link,
and the men who attached on September the 11th?

THE PRESIDENT: I can't make that claim.

THE PRIME MINISTER: That answers your question.

This after he was caught lying for the umpteumpth time.

Is there anyone left that still thinks any part of this was a good idea?

Bertie