The Joy Of Usenet: A message from 'Anonymous'

Old April 3rd 08, 08:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Max

Default The Joy Of Usenet: A message from 'Anonymous'

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
buttman wrote in news:a8594529-fa4e-4b37-b0d7-
:

On Apr 3, 6:44 am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

I agree. Having said that, I'm pretty much the same real life....

thats a scary thought.

You betcha. I eat assholes like you for breakfast there too.

Bull****, assholes like you are just as pathetic in real life.

Old April 3rd 08, 09:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Dan[_10_]

On Apr 3, 8:28 am, Tina wrote:
One of the joys of these groups is that they are anonymous: it's
possible to put on display one's inner jerk, the true self. We shrinks
think the actions people take when they are not seen (or in this case
identified) are more a true measure of the worth than those taken when
being observed, or identified.

Kinda like the old saw about "Character is who you are when you are
alone?"

Old April 3rd 08, 09:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Dan[_10_]

Nice, how appropriate that Max and buttman weigh in....
Old April 3rd 08, 11:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip

On 3 Apr, 20:32, "Max" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote:
"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in .com...

Tina wrote in news:e90d898b-81c8-49cb-b8b0-
:

One of the joys of these groups is that they are anonymous: it's
possible to put on display one's inner jerk, the true self. We shrinks
think the actions people take when they are not seen (or in this case
identified) are more a true measure of the worth than those taken when
being observed, or identified.

I agree. Having said that, I'm pretty much the same real life....

We have a professional message board elsewhere on the net and there was
a major discussion about a year ago involving my company. It was
hilarious watching some of the characters emerge. Great fun trying to
identify some of them, too. A couple were easy ( one who's called
"smithers" behind his back, for instance) Others, not so easy, but there
was much speculation in crew rooms afterwards. It was mostly the same
sort of thing you see here, but the added dimension of possibly sitting
next to one of the protaginists added some sauce to the whole thing.

Yeah, and they all believe you too.

Fantasy is a good thing, especially when you get older.- Hide quoted text -

I see you're stil reading at a fjukktard level.

Bertie
Old April 3rd 08, 11:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip

On 3 Apr, 21:17, Dan wrote:
On Apr 3, 8:28 am, Tina wrote:

One of the joys of these groups is that they are anonymous: it's
possible to put on display one's inner jerk, the true self. We shrinks
think the actions people take when they are not seen (or in this case
identified) are more a true measure of the worth than those taken when
being observed, or identified.

Kinda like the old saw about "Character is who you are when you are
alone?"

Hmm, haven't heard that one before. I'll have ta think on that.

Bertie
Old April 4th 08, 12:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Eze

"PS. The most fun is watching that idiot FlyBoy kick your goddamned
asshole every other post. keep up the good werk. hahaha "

[It's spelled "work," -- but I'm sure he has little expereince with
the word.]

"Work" is spelled "werk" in Dutch, maybe the guy's a cloggy (like me).

Jan

Old April 4th 08, 02:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 04:11:19 -0700 (PDT), Dan
wrote:

Here's a message posted to my blog from the brave Mr "Anonymous": ...

[Off-topic junk snipped]

Who cares?

The charter of rec.aviation.piloting is:

* Information pertinent to pilots of general aviation aircraft
* which would not fall into one of the other non-misc
* rec.aviation groups. Topics include, but are not limited to
* flying skills, interesting sights, destinations, flight
* characteristics of aircraft, unusual situations, handling
* emergencies, working with air traffic control, international
* flights, customs and immigration, experiences with
* ground support facilities, etc.

Before posting articles to Usenet, please read the Usenet guidelines:
http://www.faqs.org/usenet/
http://users.rcn.com/kateshort/nnq/nnqlinks.html
Old April 4th 08, 05:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Travis Marlatte

"Tina" wrote in message
One of the joys of these groups is that they are anonymous: it's
possible to put on display one's inner jerk, the true self. We shrinks
think the actions people take when they are not seen (or in this case
identified) are more a true measure of the worth than those taken when
being observed, or identified.

What does it say about those of us who don't hide behind anonymity?

Travis
Lake N3094P
PWK