ClearNav Vario

Old January 8th 11, 02:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default ClearNav Vario

Hi,

I have added the ClearNav vario to my ClearNav web site. It looks very
interesting and I have a handful of pre-orders already. I can't wait to fly
with one!
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/clearnav.htm#CNi-Vario

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old January 8th 11, 04:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T[_2_]

On Jan 7, 5:58*pm, "Paul Remde" wrote:
Hi,

I have added the ClearNav vario to my ClearNav web site. *It looks very
interesting and I have a handful of pre-orders already. *I can't wait to fly
with one!http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/clearnav.htm#CNi-Vario

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Interesting, trying to use the "link" or click the URL in Safari on
the iPad forces Safari to close and it will not load your page.
Hhmmmmmm

Old January 8th 11, 04:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi T,

There was some sort of internet routing issue today such that I could access
other web sites, but not the server that hosted my web site. It is working
now for me, but it may still be glitching. It will probably work fine
tomorrow.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old January 8th 11, 03:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

Paul,

Your site has always killed Safari on my iPhone. I have to remember to
never click on any link to your site. Not surprised it won't work from
an iPad as well.
Old January 8th 11, 10:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Tim,

I'm seeing the same thing. My web site crashes Safari on my iPhone too. It
works fine on Safari on my PC and Internet Explorer on my PC. It is strange
that it crashes Safari on the iPhone because it is a very simple site
layout. I use only tables for layout - nothing advanced to be sure it will
work with any browser. I wonder if it is the pop-up menus that are causing
the problem on the iPhone - or perhaps the large number of images on every
page...? Does anyone have any suggestions for fixing the issue?

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old January 9th 11, 12:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

On Sat, 08 Jan 2011 15:29:30 -0600, Paul Remde wrote:

I'm seeing the same thing. My web site crashes Safari on my iPhone too.
It works fine on Safari on my PC and Internet Explorer on my PC. It is
strange that it crashes Safari on the iPhone because it is a very simple
site layout. I use only tables for layout - nothing advanced to be sure
it will work with any browser. I wonder if it is the pop-up menus that
are causing the problem on the iPhone - or perhaps the large number of
images on every page...? Does anyone have any suggestions for fixing
the issue?

Are you running your pages through an HTML validator before publishing
it? I always use HTML Tidy, which was originally written by the W3C, so
it can safely be taken to be authoritative. I've certainly never had
problems reported on my pages, which are not published until I've found
and fixed all warnings and errors.

Unlike some other tools, HTML Tidy isn't a content critic and doesn't
enforce any page formatting rules: all it cares about is that standards-
compliant HTML tags are used in the right order, are nested appropriately
and contain standards-compliant attributes.

You can get HTML Tidy from he http://tidy.sourceforge.net

I see that you're using Microsoft FrontPage 6.0 to maintain your site.
This could be a source of the problem since MS tools used to generate
notoriously non-standard HTML and hadn't a clue about the correct order
to use tags in or how to nest them. They've improved since then because,
when I ran the referenced page through HTML Tidy just now it reported 284
warnings but no errors. Earlier MS tools would have generated a page that
contained as many errors.

HTH

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK

ClearNav Instruments Variometer Paul Remde Soaring 0 December 20th 10 05:45 PM
NK ClearNav now available in VGA Resolution Paul Remde Soaring 0 July 28th 09 05:26 PM
ClearNav too big? brianDG303 Soaring 9 June 13th 08 07:15 PM
Win a NK ClearNav and support the US Team! [email protected] Soaring 0 March 10th 08 12:23 PM
NK ClearNav Update Paul Remde Soaring 4 February 4th 08 02:31 PM