New ClearNav CNv Vario LCD Display

Old June 19th 14, 05:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default New ClearNav CNv Vario LCD Display

Hi,

I have added details and pricing on the new ClearNav CNv Variometer LCD
display to my web site. I have the displays in stock now. They can be used
in addition to, or instead of the original CNv vario display with mechanical
pointer.

Customers who already fly with a CNv variometer get a discount of $125 if
they purchase the new display during June of 2014.

Details on the new Display
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/clearnav.htm#CNi-0625
Details on a complete variometer system with the new display:
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/clearnav.htm#CNi-062x

I have the new displays in stock and have been playing with one tonight.
I'm very impressed with the extremely sharp, high-resolution and relatively
large display. It is very easy to read.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, inc.

Old June 19th 14, 01:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy K

On Thursday, June 19, 2014 12:08:55 AM UTC-4, Paul Remde wrote:
[...]

Will this display support turn area tasks in the future?
Old June 19th 14, 05:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Ludeman[_4_]

On Thursday, June 19, 2014 8:08:35 AM UTC-4, Andy K wrote:
[...]

Not fully, i.e. don't be looking for stats, optimization guidance and all the rest. But simple display of (circular) turn areas on the map screen, likely yes.

Evan Ludeman for CNi
Old June 20th 14, 12:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
waremark

On Thursday, 19 June 2014 17:00:24 UTC+1, Evan Ludeman wrote:
[...]

What is the target application and/or market for this device? It looks more expensive and much less capable than an Oudie 2 Lite with LK 8000. Is it suggested that it is a good alternative for an Oudie, or a worthwhile addition? Would anyone want to use this as well as a full Clearnav display?
Old June 20th 14, 04:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Ludeman[_4_]

On Thursday, June 19, 2014 7:14:40 PM UTC-4, waremark wrote:
[...]

I think it's fair to say that CNv NAV was inspired by the CAI 303 display, which I am guessing you have not used. The 303 is an immensely handy device, readable in any light between sunrise and sunset, very reliable, fast and easy to use for simple glide to waypoint navigation. CNv NAV builds on this by adding vario information and simple task/waypoint map display (no terrain). It has even better readability than the 303 and a similarly fast, easy user interface. And of course it connects to the CNv vario. It's useful as backup nav, but as with 303 we expect people will find they use it routinely for keeping track of final glide to airports, cross checking their final glide computers and so forth. It absolutely isn't an Oudie replacement or competitor. CNv having proven reasonably popular with Oudie owners, I expect a few cockpits will sport both before too long.

It's also worth noting that the NAV display can completely replace the existing analog pointer plus lcd display on CNv. We're at least one software revision away from getting the pointer display out of my own cockpit (I'm a traditionalist) but it could happen!

Good Soaring and best regards from CNi,

Evan Ludeman

PS: the best place for discussion ClearNav products is our forum at
http://clearnav.net/simplemachinesforum/index.php
Old June 20th 14, 11:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
waremark

Thanks