A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

(US) Spring Airspace and Airport Data Update

Old March 20th 17, 11:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2KA
external usenet poster

Default (US) Spring Airspace and Airport Data Update

It is Spring again, and if you haven't done so in awhile it would be a great time to update the airspace and airport databases in your glide computer, PNA, handheld GPS, or desktop planning software in preparation for the upcoming US season. The FAA data for the charting cycle effective March 30, 2016 is now available so that you can begin that process now. See my website at http://www.soaringdata.info. The airspace files are also available soon on the airspace area of the Worldwide Soaring Turnpoint Exchange.

If your current waypoint file is in CUP, STX, or Cambridge DAT format, it is easy to update it. Just go to the Airports section of my website, upload your file, and select the option to compute a bounding polygon automatically. You can then download an updated waypoint file and a companion airspace file as well.

For those of you who are Oudie owners I've written an article with step-by-step instructions on how to update both your airspace and waypoint databases. It can be found at http://www.soaringdata.info/airports...pdateNotes.pdf.

Other stuff on my website includes:

- Current sectional charts in CMR format for SeeYou
- Current sectional charts for GlidePlan
- Sectionals in JPG format for GoogleEarth
- Airspace data for Garmin recreational GPS receivers
- An online generator for current TFRs in Tim Newport-Peace and OpenAir Formats

As always, all of this is free and freely redistributable.

Happy Downloading!

Lynn Alley
"2KA"
Old March 21st 17, 02:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Karl Kunz[_2_]
external usenet poster

Lynn, once again thanks again for providing these files.

On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 3:38:39 PM UTC-7, 2KA wrote:
It is Spring again, and if you haven't done so in awhile it would be a great time to update the airspace and airport databases in your glide computer, PNA, handheld GPS, or desktop planning software in preparation for the upcoming US season. The FAA data for the charting cycle effective March 30, 2016 is now available so that you can begin that process now. See my website at http://www.soaringdata.info. The airspace files are also available soon on the airspace area of the Worldwide Soaring Turnpoint Exchange.

If your current waypoint file is in CUP, STX, or Cambridge DAT format, it is easy to update it. Just go to the Airports section of my website, upload your file, and select the option to compute a bounding polygon automatically. You can then download an updated waypoint file and a companion airspace file as well.

For those of you who are Oudie owners I've written an article with step-by-step instructions on how to update both your airspace and waypoint databases. It can be found at http://www.soaringdata.info/airports...pdateNotes.pdf.

Happy Downloading!

Lynn Alley
"2KA"

Old March 21st 17, 04:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom BravoMike
external usenet poster

On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 5:38:39 PM UTC-5, 2KA wrote:

Happy Downloading!

Lynn Alley
"2KA"

GlidePlan format files is great news - thanks!

Tom BravoMike