A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Silent sailplane auction at IVSM 2021

Old April 18th 21, 04:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
KyleCharles
external usenet poster

Default Silent sailplane auction at IVSM 2021

Today, I was on the Vintage Sailplane Association website for the first time in a few months. When checking the events page to make sure IVSM is still happening, I noticed something I have not seen before. Right in the middle of the paragraph about IVSM there is a sentence that reads:

Silent auction of rare vintage sailplanes.

Does anybody know what this is all about? Is this a normal part of IVSM? Are these privately owned ships, or is the National Soaring Museum selling off part of its collection?

https://www.vintagesailplane.org/events/

Old April 18th 21, 06:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
sisu1a
external usenet poster

On Saturday, April 17, 2021 at 8:11:51 PM UTC-7, KyleCharles wrote:
Today, I was on the Vintage Sailplane Association website for the first time in a few months. When checking the events page to make sure IVSM is still happening, I noticed something I have not seen before. Right in the middle of the paragraph about IVSM there is a sentence that reads:

Silent auction of rare vintage sailplanes.

Does anybody know what this is all about? Is this a normal part of IVSM? Are these privately owned ships, or is the National Soaring Museum selling off part of its collection?

https://www.vintagesailplane.org/events/

https://www.vintagesailplane.org/cla...ds/sailplanes/
Old April 18th 21, 08:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
KyleCharles
external usenet poster

Well, that explains it.

It’s pretty silly that I didn’t think to look there!

Thanks