Wanted: Mecaplex window with scoop

Old June 14th 21, 04:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
soaringjac

Default Wanted: Mecaplex window with scoop

Anybody have a new or used Mecaplex windows with green tint and scoop they would like to sell? Will also consider one without green tint.
Old June 14th 21, 04:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 11:07:31 AM UTC-4, soaringjac wrote:
Anybody have a new or used Mecaplex windows with green tint and scoop they would like to sell? Will also consider one without green tint.

This guy is in the Netherlands. He makes these himself.
I bought 3 of the pop out scoops from him. I also had
him cut a hole in a sliding window blank and mount one
of his pop out scoops for me. He was quick, professional,
and everything looks like it's factory made. His prices are
very reasonable even with shipping to the USA too.

https://www.segelflug.de/osclass/index.php?page=
item&id=53827

RO
Old June 14th 21, 04:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 11:25:36 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 11:07:31 AM UTC-4, soaringjac wrote:
Anybody have a new or used Mecaplex windows with green tint and scoop they would like to sell? Will also consider one without green tint.

This guy is in the Netherlands. He makes these himself.
I bought 3 of the pop out scoops from him. I also had
him cut a hole in a sliding window blank and mount one
of his pop out scoops for me. He was quick, professional,
and everything looks like it's factory made. His prices are
very reasonable even with shipping to the USA too.

https://www.segelflug.de/osclass/index.php?page=
item&id=53827

RO

The whole URL didn't post, so here it is again:

https://www.segelflug.de/osclass/ind...=item&id=53827

RO

Old June 15th 21, 06:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Herbert kilian

On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 6:03:20 PM UTC-5, soaringjac wrote:
[...]

You will still have to cut and router out the opening for the recessed pop-out window - if you have a simple sliding window right now. That process is way beyond what your regular DIY pilot is capable of. I looked into this offer for my previous glider and decided it is not really a solution.
Old June 15th 21, 07:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, June 15, 2021 at 1:09:28 PM UTC-4, Herbert Kilian wrote:
[...]

Herb, I sent him a window that had no cut-out. He cut the hole,
routed out the lip, and mounted one of his pop-out windows in
a very professional looking job for me - and his price was very
reasonable. It is flush, and looks just like it came from the factory.

RO