LX90xx fln or flx file install for Flarm Contest ID?

Old May 24th 21, 02:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CS[_2_]

Default LX90xx fln or flx file install for Flarm Contest ID?

Need help on how to install either the .fln or .flx file on the LX90xx, so that the contest ID from powerflarm traffic will show on the display.
Old May 24th 21, 02:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jeffrey Resnik

11.1.6 Uploading FlarmNet Files
The FlarmNet information is also updated via the SD card/USB stick. Go to the FlarmNet site (www.flarmnet.org), select the Download latest FlarmNet File tab and download the file for the LX8000 (e.g. 20170819.fln). Copy this file to the SD card.
In the Files and Transfer menu select the Update Databases menu item. Select the FlarmNet file and wait until the update completes.On Monday,

Also via the WIFI Module

Old May 24th 21, 08:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CS[_2_]

On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 8:27:40 AM UTC-5, Jeffrey Resnik wrote:
11.1.6 Uploading FlarmNet Files
The FlarmNet information is also updated via the SD card/USB stick. Go to the FlarmNet site (www.flarmnet.org), select the Download latest FlarmNet File tab and download the file for the LX8000 (e.g. 20170819.fln). Copy this file to the SD card.
In the Files and Transfer menu select the Update Databases menu item. Select the FlarmNet file and wait until the update completes.On Monday,

Also via the WIFI Module
May 24, 2021 at 6:13:15 AM UTC-7, CS wrote:
Need help on how to install either the .fln or .flx file on the LX90xx, so that the contest ID from powerflarm traffic will show on the display.

Thanks, we tried that and the Lx9070 did not recognize either the 20210518.fln nor the converted (fln2flx) 20210518.flx file on the SD card.
Old May 25th 21, 04:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jeffrey Resnik

If of interest, I can forward the file that I used which was recognized by the LX9000 from the SD Card.

Old May 25th 21, 12:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CS[_2_]

On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 10:27:26 PM UTC-5, Jeffrey Resnik wrote:
If of interest, I can forward the file that I used which was recognized by the LX9000 from the SD Card.

Thank you, I have sent my email address to you at both your mac and gmail accounts.
Old May 26th 21, 06:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net

On Tuesday, May 25, 2021 at 6:08:44 AM UTC-5, CS wrote:
On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 10:27:26 PM UTC-5, Jeffrey Resnik wrote:
If of interest, I can forward the file that I used which was recognized by the LX9000 from the SD Card.

Thank you, I have sent my email address to you at both your mac and gmail accounts.

You should post this question to the LXNav user Google group.

https://groups.google.com/g/lxnav-user-group.

Old May 26th 21, 08:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

I just went through a horrible time updating my Flarmnet file in my
Flarmview device.Â* I could not find the executable file, fln2flx.exe
anywhere on the net and google and duckduckgo searches came up empty
handed.Â* Oh, and there is not a link to the executable in the User's
Manual, either.Â* Even on the LXNav site, the search function does not
find "flx2fln.exe".

Ah...Â* But if you search through the downloads you'll find, FlarmNet
Converter Tool and, when you download that, you get fln2flx.exe.Â* A
little better documentation would be in order.Â* I probably won't update
my Flarmview device for a long time or even never but, if I do, I will
have forgotten how to do it.

Dan 5J

Old May 28th 21, 01:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Today I updated my ClearNav II and my FlarmView display and still did
not see my friend's contest number, only his ICAO ID.Â* Someone told me
that I also have to load the flarmnet file into my PowerFlarm portable.Â*
I tried that today and the device didn't like the SD card.Â* So now I'm
trying to duplicate the factory card for the PowerFlarm portable.Â*
Anybody out there got a hint?

Dan
5J

Old May 28th 21, 05:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 7:35:23 PM UTC-5, Dan Marotta wrote:
Today I updated my ClearNav II and my FlarmView display and still did
not see my friend's contest number, only his ICAO ID. Someone told me
that I also have to load the flarmnet file into my PowerFlarm portable.
I tried that today and the device didn't like the SD card. So now I'm
trying to duplicate the factory card for the PowerFlarm portable.
Anybody out there got a hint?

Dan,

As far as I know the FLARMNET file does nothing inside a Flarm transceiver
device like a core, fusion, mouse, etc.

The file is only installed in a device that can display FLARM info.
I did recently download the latest FlarmNet file only to find it was
empty (0kb). Downloaded again and it was good.

But what about a FLARM Portable where it is both a FLARM transceiver
device *AND* a FLARM display device? I owned one once but don't
remember about this nuance.

Good Luck, John (OHM)
Old May 28th 21, 01:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CS[_2_]

Different SD card solved our problem, thanks all for the suggestions.