Dry lake dust storm.

Old November 15th 11, 10:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Boggs

Default Dry lake dust storm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqxXdP5B4zI
Old November 15th 11, 10:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike[_37_]

On Nov 15, 3:06*pm, GARY BOGGS wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqxXdP5B4zI

Wow, awesome scenes!
Old November 15th 11, 11:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob

On Nov 15, 3:06*pm, GARY BOGGS wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqxXdP5B4zI

A good time and place NOT to be trying to land!
Old November 16th 11, 12:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Boggs

Here's another couple of short videos of the dust and wave from a
little further south. We have to so a Soaring Safari to this place
next summer!

Who's in?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlFVIItabZE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R15ASyAVR9Y

Boggs
Old November 16th 11, 04:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wayne Paul

Gary,

I have often thought the combination of Winter Ridge and Summer Lake should
produce good waves. Your video confirms my conclusion.

The combination of the Steens Mountains and Alvord also produce an
impressive wave. (The guy writing the Blog need a short course in
meteorology.)
http://lonelyplanetimages.wordpress....it-for-witold/

How about organizing a winter wave camp at the Christmas Valley Airport?

Thank you for the video.

Wayne
http://www.soaridaho.com/

Old November 16th 11, 05:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ron Clark[_2_]

On Nov 15, 4:28*pm, GARY BOGGS wrote:
Here's another couple of short videos of the dust and wave from a
little further south. *We have to so a Soaring Safari to this place
next summer!

Who's in?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlFVIItabZE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R15ASyAVR9Y

Boggs

Gary,
I went on a hang gliding trip in the Lakeview area with a few
friends about 18 years ago. We flew all three of those locations in
your videos. It was a very memorable trip. A few things stand out:
A wicked gust front that came through just as we were setting up on
one of the sites. A mad scramble to secure our gliders while violence
and chaos ensued. Flying figure eights on the ridge at Summer Lake
while a herd of bighorn sheep watched like spectators at a tennis
match, their heads going back and forth in unison. The stationary
dust storm over the dry lake that looked threatening, but stayed put
all day while we soared and top landed and relaunched repeatedly. It
was one of the most outstanding trips of my 20 years flying hang
gliders. I would love to go back and fly those ridges in my trusty
LS3. There are a couple airports that would be more than suitable.
I'll have to get some of those big Alvord Desert tie down stakes you
guys use down there. We have all winter to organize and recruit some
more adventure seekers.

Ron Clark

Storm Denny Piloting 6 June 8th 08 07:53 PM
FOund in other group. Oklahoma Ice Storm - Oklahoma Ice Storm.jpg gt[_3_] Aviation Photos 4 February 25th 08 03:22 AM
Ice Storm pix Jay Honeck Piloting 30 December 21st 07 01:44 PM
Ice storm! Jay Honeck Piloting 82 February 28th 07 01:13 PM
OSH storm pix Jay Honeck Piloting 19 August 26th 06 06:34 AM