153A aviator question

Old September 11th 05, 01:21 AM
Beav

"Yasar, Mehmet C PFC A Co 602d ASB" wrote in
message eenews.net...
Beav wrote:

Oh I would, but it'd be the OPPOSITE of what he said, if it what he said
was what I wanted to hear.

Anything in your favour, forget about it.

Most of you generalizing the recruiters as total liars, this is not true,
they are not liars, on the other hand, they don't have to tell you
everything,

Which is called lying by ommission.

just like your average salesman on the street.

EXACTLY like your average salesman on the street, which is what a recruiter
is.

They don't
have to tell you negative sides of the service at all, they have a job to
do.

There's such a thing as scruples you know.. Having them would see a
reduction in sales though, so the employers don't usually insist a
recruiter/salesman is overburdened in that area.

Most here are quick to judge, how come you don't feel the same
thing for your average salesman at the mall, at best buy, at your car
dealer, etc etc.

I'd guess that most DO think that of the above mentioned people.

Noone should knock on their recruiter's door without
prior research. I have had no problems with my recruiter, whenever he said
something, I researched and if he was wrong I correted him, I got
everything I wanted, plus my specialty field. Everyone was happy. Give
them a break!

Left arm or left leg?

--
Beav

Reply to "beavis dot original at ntlworld dot com" (with the obvious
changes)

Old September 11th 05, 01:22 AM
Beav

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 14:58:53 +0900, "Yasar, Mehmet C PFC A Co 602d
ASB" wrote:

Beav wrote:

Oh I would, but it'd be the OPPOSITE of what he said, if it what he said
was
what I wanted to hear.

Anything in your favour, forget about it.

Most of you generalizing the recruiters as total liars, this is not
true, they are not liars, on the other hand, they don't have to tell you
everything, just like your average salesman on the street. They don't
have to tell you negative sides of the service at all, they have a job
to do. Most here are quick to judge, how come you don't feel the same
thing for your average salesman at the mall, at best buy, at your car
dealer, etc etc. Noone should knock on their recruiter's door without
prior research. I have had no problems with my recruiter, whenever he
said something, I researched and if he was wrong I correted him, I got
everything I wanted, plus my specialty field. Everyone was happy. Give
them a break!

You said it yourself. The recruiter/user car sales weenie/sales
weenies in general all have a job to do. Sell. To do so, they'll
tell you what you want to hear. Are all sales weenies like this?
Nope, but there are enough of 'em to make everyone a bit pessimistic
when it comes to what spills out of their mouths.

Which made my job (as a salesman in the 80's) harder than it needed to be. I
still managed to retire at 38 though and I can still sleep at night, knowing
I never lied (even by ommission) to a single customer.

Old September 12th 05, 11:25 PM
Yasar, Mehmet C PFC A Co 602d ASB

Beav wrote:

Left arm or left leg?

None, just be smart before you go in the service.

Old September 14th 05, 03:52 PM
Beav

Beav wrote:
Left arm or left leg?

None, just be smart before you go in the service.

I got smart BEFORE I went in the service. Result was I DIDN'T go in the service, I stayed a civvy and made somemoney instead.

And would you mind please dropping the HTML, as it's not the correct or accepted way to post to Usenet?

Old September 18th 05, 05:18 PM

Beav wrote:

I got smart BEFORE I went in the service. Result was I DIDN'T go
in the service, I stayed a civvy and made somemoney instead.

Well, good for you and you talk about yourself, let others decide for
themselves, you are not 100% correct, or the recruiters/service whatnot
100% wrong...

And would you mind please dropping the HTML, as it's not the
correct or accepted way to post to Usenet?

Sorry I don't know how, it must be a military thing. We are not that smart.

Old September 18th 05, 11:52 PM
Yasar, Mehmet C PFC A Co 602d ASB

The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:

OK, that horse is long dead. Whipping it isn't going to make it pull
your wagon. (Now if you want to whip your pony in private, I don't
want to hear about it. hehehe)

Ok whatever... I was responding to his comment, say whatever gets you
off I guess, despite what we have said here, a lot of people are still
enlisting and serving their country, whether this makes them dumb or not.

You're using Thunderbird. Look in the online help. Or look on the
Mozilla web page. God forbid you actually TRY to figure it out..

That was actually sarcasm, and you actually tried not to understand it,
we operate multi million dollar aircraft, cut us some slack will ya? I
know what I am using and I can see what other people are using and never
got bitched at because of HTML before as I post on 6 different groups. I
find it quite impressive though due to my defense for military
recruiters, I am being personally attacked here.
Old September 19th 05, 11:45 PM
Yasar, Mehmet C PFC A Co 602d ASB

The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:

See the smiley? That means it was in jest. Obviously you didn't get
it.. (And your comment below makes it all the more funny) My point
was (Which you also missed) the point had been made over and over and
had been responded to over and over. The horse is dead...

Nope sorry there aren't any smileys. You just had a good time yourself
talking about whipping my pony in private. Really something that relates
to intelligent discussion.
Ok the point was made, I brought up a counter point, and also made a
suggestion, but following this, there was an impression that people who
enlist don't act smart before
they sign up. I didn't call for that remark with my suggestion. Enough
said, I responded to it accordingly.

Sounded more like a big "FU" to me... "I don't care if I'm posting in
HTML and I'm not going to bother trying to change it."

Haven't said such thing, as a matter of fact, after the whining I
clicked my thunderbird option "send plain text only"

and this relates to this thread how??

Relates to the thread as much as whipping my pony in private. It was
though a response to the remarks you have made on the usage of thunderbird.

Since usenet was "born" plain text has been the accepted format.
Non-HTML compatible newsreaders (and there are folks out there who
still use them) can't decode the markup so we all get to see the
garbage surrounding the pertinent text.

Sorry I wasn't following usenet since it was "born", I don't have many
options, I can only send plain text only and if it doesn't work, feel
free to ignore.

Personally attacked? I guess voicing one's opinion is a personal
attack.. Gotta love usenet.. You're free to misinterpret anything
you want...

I don't need your remarks such as "God forbid you try to figure out". If
you are going to voice your opinion, do it in a civil manner and with
due respect.
Old September 25th 05, 12:56 AM
Beav

Beav wrote:
I got smart BEFORE I went in the service. Result was I DIDN'T go in the service, I stayed a civvy and made somemoney instead.
Well, good for you and you talk about yourself, let others decide for themselves, you are not 100% correct, or the recruiters/service whatnot 100% wrong...

A done deal days ago that.

And would you mind please dropping the HTML, as it's not the correct or accepted way to post to Usenet?
Sorry I don't know how, it must be a military thing. We are not that smart.

I'll give you that.

Old September 25th 05, 12:59 AM
Beav

[...]

You're not being attacked. I wonder if this sort of thinking goes right to
the top of the military chain. Maybe even as high as the CIC? I believe it
does, because even HE sees a few words as "an attack" and goes balls to the
wall to "protect "his" nation and citizens". In fact, he goes to WAR.

Old September 25th 05, 01:02 AM
Beav

"Yasar, Mehmet C PFC A Co 602d ASB" wrote in
message eenews.net...
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:

See the smiley? That means it was in jest. Obviously you didn't get
it.. (And your comment below makes it all the more funny) My point
was (Which you also missed) the point had been made over and over and
had been responded to over and over. The horse is dead...

Nope sorry there aren't any smileys. You just had a good time yourself
talking about whipping my pony in private. Really something that relates
to intelligent discussion.
Ok the point was made, I brought up a counter point, and also made a
suggestion, but following this, there was an impression that people who
enlist don't act smart before
they sign up.

There may have been an inference, but ONLY that. Just because *I* didn't sin
up doesn't make everyone who does "not smart". it just makes me smarter. IMO
of course.

And thank you for sorting out the HTML thing. That's appreciated.