Homebuilding Killed Walter Bussey

Old August 8th 06, 08:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Paul Tomblin

Default Homebuilding Killed Walter Bussey

In a previous article, "Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATcox.net said:
"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message
I thought you must be exaggerating. So I looked it up:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...e457d800d050f7
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...b4080bb204173f

Amazing. And what a coincidence: all three were posted by people who've
never posted to any newsgroup before or after.

An they do it once a year.

I wonder if they mark it on the calendar or have it in their PDA:
"August 1st: Troll rec.aviation.homebuilt. Repeats: Yearly"

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
"Guns don't shoot people. Vice Presidents shoot people."
Old August 9th 06, 03:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Kyle Boatright

"Don W" wrote in message
m...

snip

Yeah, and they haven't even thought about how many people die in nursing
homes and hospitals. Those damn places ought to be outlawed...They're
downright unhealthy.

Don W.

Even worse, if you're statistics, you should absolutely refuse to accept
oxygen when you're in the hospital. ;-) If you do a histogram of patients
who die and the what treatments they were recieving, oxygen is the most
common by a wide range.

KB

Old August 9th 06, 03:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , Kyle Boatright
says...

Even worse, if you're statistics, you should absolutely refuse to accept
oxygen when you're in the hospital. ;-) If you do a histogram of patients
who die and the what treatments they were recieving, oxygen is the most
common by a wide range.

....and don't lie down, more people die flat on their backs then in any other
position.Another stastic I read is that more people die from death than any
other reason. hmmmm

See ya
Chuck (from a distance things seem far away) S

Old August 9th 06, 02:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Montblack[_1_]

Default Homebuilding Killed Walter Bussey (who?)

("stol" wrote)
Rumor has it he didn't get the proper 337 form when he deleted the trusses
on his new house. I also heard the home "slammed into the ground" too.
Poor guy....

I heard he pushed forward on the stick, or pulled back on the stick,
whatever. It was a temporary support for the center beam - he needed to keep
his hands OFF the stick.

I bet THAT made some noise.

Montblack

Old August 9th 06, 05:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jim Logajan

Cal wrote:
Sorry, but who the H is Walter Bussey???

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/saskatchewa...ane-crash.html

"A resident of Merritt Island, Fla., died when his light plane crashed
shortly after takeoff just south of the Regina airport Friday afternoon,
according to Regina police.

Walter Stephen Bussey, 52, was the pilot and lone occupant of a home-built,
single-engine plane that crashed in a farm field about a kilometre south of
the airport.

The Wheeler Express FT was on its way to Saskatoon, en route to Alaska,
when it went down at around 5:14 p.m."
Old August 9th 06, 08:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

"Anthony W" wrote in message
Richard Riley wrote:
On 8 Aug 2006 19:19:16 -0700, ChuckSlusarczyk
wrote:

In article , Kyle

Boatright
says...

Even worse, if you're statistics, you should absolutely refuse to

accept
oxygen when you're in the hospital. ;-) If you do a histogram of

patients
who die and the what treatments they were recieving, oxygen is the

most
common by a wide range.
...and don't lie down, more people die flat on their backs then in any

other
position.Another stastic I read is that more people die from death than

any
other reason. hmmmm

Chuck, it's that damned Dihydrogen Oxide. They keep passing it
around, telling people it's good for them. But more than 95% of the
people that have died in the last year have had Dihydrogen Oxide
within 12 hours of their deaths. The local coroner says every autopsy
he does shows traces of it. It's a killer.

You're thinking of dihydrogen monoxide and yes it can be a killer.

Tony

True and terrifying. Thinking back, everyone I've know who has since passed
away injested some of that compound shortly before their death.

Peter

Come to think of it, I was already exposed to more than once today.
Oh God!
:-(

Old August 10th 06, 12:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
ccwillwerth

Your right Mrs. No-Name, it is disturbing. It's disturbing that someone
that has no idea what he/she is talking about would make such an uninformed
statement. You must be a politician.

As it goes, homebuilts and homebuilt pilots have a better record than the
factory built spam cans and your low time, low rent, Saturday afternoon once
every two months type pilot and plane.

If you think about it, what makes the craftsmen building a Boeing 747 any
smarter, stronger, or better in ANY way than the builder of an aircraft at
home. In fact, the person that builds the homebuilt really cares about the
quality of the aircraft because his backside will be sitting in the seat,
and it's face that will be smashed if he does not pay attention to the
details.

On the other hand, how many of the "Factory built" aircraft receive ANY love
and concern for the finished product. By some of the things I have seen,
the people building those spam cans are only lookinng to do their one little
task over and over, not really seeing or caring about the final product,
getting off work, and picking up a six-pack. If they make a part wrong and
it might pass, Hey!, don't tell the boss, he might get mad, just pass it on.

It's time for you to either learn a little about what you are talking about
before you speak, or just go back to your soap operas and game shows and
leave the technical world to those that understand it.

By the way....... What males you think the aircraft was at fault?

Charlie

Note: It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and
remove all doubt!

wrote in message
ups.com...
I just read in the newspaper that Walter Bussey was killed in a
homebuilt airplane? That got me thinking to look for a NG that might
be dedicated to this activity, and I found this one.

This is all new to me, quite honestly, and disturbing. People are
building airplanes at home and then flying them? This is endangering
people on the ground and in the air flying in real airplanes.

I guess the good thing from Mr. Bussey's death is that the public at
large knows about this practice, and maybe can do something about it
to make our skyways a safer place.

Old August 10th 06, 04:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
UltraJohn

wrote in message
ups.com...
I just read in the newspaper that Walter Bussey was killed in a
homebuilt airplane? That got me thinking to look for a NG that might
be dedicated to this activity, and I found this one.

This is all new to me, quite honestly, and disturbing. People are
building airplanes at home and then flying them? This is endangering
people on the ground and in the air flying in real airplanes.

I guess the good thing from Mr. Bussey's death is that the public at
large knows about this practice, and maybe can do something about it
to make our skyways a safer place.

No this person is nothing more than a flame thrower.He/she/it shows up about
twice a year to stir up the hornets nest so they/it can get their/it's
rocks off( if they have any!).
Just ignore him/her/it.
John