Blue Angel solo - sort of, that is......

Old March 28th 07, 05:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom Callahan

Default Blue Angel solo - sort of, that is......

Sometimes the solos go past the house so fast I can't get a decent photo of
them..........

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0382.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	354.6 KB
ID:	8474
Old March 28th 07, 07:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

How far off the deck?

--
Chappie

Old March 28th 07, 08:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
john smith[_2_]

In article ,
"Tom Callahan" wrote:

Sometimes the solos go past the house so fast I can't get a decent photo of
them..........

Do you have a ladder?

Can you climb up on your roof?

:-))
Old March 28th 07, 09:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom Callahan

I figure when they go past us lining up for the runway to do the sneak pass
they are 300 feet above the street and going about 700 miles an hour. On a
regular pass to do a crossover they might be 400-500 above ground level but
it looks like they are lower because they are seen through the tips of the
pine trees across the street. The land across from us is a bayou with no
homes or buildings, just trees. It's interesting to watch hawks and ospreys
hang over the bayou in the flight path. Doesn't seem to ever bother the
birds. They just get out of the way.

Yes, I have a ladder but I'm not going on the roof. It's too darn hot up
there. I can go stand on the side of the road and get unobstructed views
but the problem is never knowing what's coming in for a landing or when. I
have seen two or three Raytheon T-1's, a couple of Sabreliner T-39's, a
Mentor T-34 and a few of the new T-6 Texans in the past few minutes. They
go by slowly for the most part and are easy to photograph. It's the pure
jet fighters that are hard to catch. They like to do a flyby and then come
around from the south to approach over the lake behind our house. That
means I get to see the bottom of the aircraft and not very much of the
cockpit. If I leave the yard and move around the neighborhood I get
different perspectives of course.

That photo of the solo in the trees was taken last week when we weren't
allowed to go to the museum to watch the practice session. They were
obviously learning or relearning their turn points and practicing for solo
runs; for more than half an hour it was just to two solos, Tom

"john smith" wrote in message
In article ,
"Tom Callahan" wrote:

Sometimes the solos go past the house so fast I can't get a decent photo
of

Do you have a ladder?

Can you climb up on your roof?

:-))

Fog cancels Blue Angel practice session Tom Callahan Aviation Photos 8 March 30th 07 02:42 AM
Blue Angel solos landing Tom Callahan Aviation Photos 0 December 27th 06 04:55 PM
Blue Angel down? Rosspilot Piloting 5 December 3rd 04 05:26 AM
Blue Angel Crash/Ejection Yesterday Jim Carriere Naval Aviation 0 December 2nd 04 11:44 PM
Blue Angel F-18 Crashes RA-5C Naval Aviation 0 December 2nd 04 05:16 AM