Fastest 100hp homebuilt or kit?

Old November 13th 05, 01:01 AM
UltraJohn

Default Fastest 100hp homebuilt or kit?

Rand Robinson KR-2 but only if you resist the temptation to Modify (ie add
weighty accessories) supposedly does it on 75 hp but I think it's a bit
exaggerated!
John

"tom pettit" tompetatpeakdotorg wrote:

Okay, I don't want to pay the fuel bill on a monster engine. I do want
go fast. What kit or plans homebuilt will go 200 mph on 100 hp?

tom

Old November 13th 05, 11:55 PM
Nathan Young

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 15:37:51 -0800, "tom pettit"
tompetatpeakdotorg wrote:

Okay, I don't want to pay the fuel bill on a monster engine. I do want to
go fast. What kit or plans homebuilt will go 200 mph on 100 hp?

Super Pulsar 100
http://www.pulsaraircraft.com/

Old November 14th 05, 03:06 AM
Jim

I don't see a 200 mph cruise on 100 HP on the Pulsar website. They list the
O200 as a possible powerplant for the Super 100 but don't provide any
performance numbers for it. I wish the AR5 would go into kit production.
It is a neat airplane and goes like stink on a miserly fuel burn.

Old November 14th 05, 04:42 AM
Jerry Springer

Jim wrote:
I don't see a 200 mph cruise on 100 HP on the Pulsar website. They list the
O200 as a possible powerplant for the Super 100 but don't provide any
performance numbers for it. I wish the AR5 would go into kit production.
It is a neat airplane and goes like stink on a miserly fuel burn.

True Jim but you and I would not fit in it. :-)

Jerry
Old November 14th 05, 04:57 AM
Jim

I met the guy that built it (I think you were there) - he wasn't real small
and with a serious diet I think we could fit.

:-)

jim

Old November 14th 05, 03:34 PM
Nathan Young

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 04:57:03 GMT, "Jim" wrote:

I met the guy that built it (I think you were there) - he wasn't real small
and with a serious diet I think we could fit.

Not sure if you mean height or weight, but the Pulsar website shows
photos of a a 6'7" guy who flew it. The seats must be on a hell of
recline to fit someone that large.
Old November 14th 05, 03:36 PM
Nathan Young

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 03:06:48 GMT, "Jim" wrote:

I don't see a 200 mph cruise on 100 HP on the Pulsar website. They list the
O200 as a possible powerplant for the Super 100 but don't provide any
performance numbers for it. I wish the AR5 would go into kit production.
It is a neat airplane and goes like stink on a miserly fuel burn.

Good point on the SP100. They list O-200, IO-240, O-235, Rotax and
Jabiru as engine options. These range from 80-125hp, so it is not
clear which engine is being used.

The AR5 was a single seat, right?

Another possibility would be the Q200. It is supposed to go 200mph
using an O-200, but I believe most are around 180mph.

Old November 14th 05, 04:24 PM
Jim

Evidently they are pushing the auto engines. The performance numbers are
there for all but the O200.

Yes the AR5 is a single seat and IIRC the designer/builder was tall but not
too big around.

If I was going to build a small go-fast it would probably be the VariEze.
As for the Q200: 180 mph cruise is nothing to sneeze at on 5 gph.

jim

'05 HR2
looking for an RV3 kit or a single seat O200 250 mph homebuilt (NO F1's)
:-)

jim

Old November 14th 05, 06:42 PM
abripl

Shucks. BD-5 will do it with less than 100 hp. You can pick one up
cheap. But you need 3000+ hrs to finish one.
SQ2000 canard: http://www.abri.com/sq2000