Australia tries to rewrite history of Vietnam War

Old July 18th 03, 10:07 AM
L'acrobat

"Evan Brennan" wrote in message
m...
"L'acrobat" wrote in message

But they learned and improved whereas Australia did not improve much
at all, save for the SAS since they embraced US style airmobility. The

very
low number of kills claimed by Oz infantry speaks louderthan your lame
attempts at cooking up a cover story.

Now it turns out that you are forced to admit that they didn't teach the
Aussies how to do it, your back flip with half pike is amusing to say

the
least, the follow on 'but they learned and the Aussies didn't' is

laughable
as an attempt to retreat from your earlier gaffe.

Looks like you got all excited and wet yourself over a few initial
encounters of one Australian battalion and two US battalions from
the 173d Airborne. I hate to ruin a surprise for you, but at peak,
there was 81 US Army/USMC infantry battalions and most of them never
had contact with Australian troops in the field.

This will be a blow to your overinflated ego, but the US Air Cavalry
accomplished more in *one summer* than the Australian Task Force did
during their entire stay in Vietnam. From 1 May 1970 to 30 June 1970,
elements of the 1st Cavalry Division (Airmobile) amassed a kill ratio
of 2,574 : 157 against the NVA/VC during the invasion of Cambodia.

Claimed a ratio, not amassed a ratio.

The US military kill claims have long been acknowledged as farce. even by
the US Military.

Drivel snipped.

Now tell us about your military experience

Yo, Trailer Park...this act is wearing thin.

Then stop acting.

Tell us about your military experience -- after you tell us your real
name. We cannot tell if you are male or female. Based on the hissy fits
you always burst into, I would guess the latter.

Yawn, I note you have supplied no claims of any military experience just
more of your drivel (and quite a few people on sci.military.naval know my
real name).

I told you about my military service, now it's your turn. put up or shut up.

Tell us why your opinion on military subjects is worth anything, what have
you done that gives your opinion credibility loserboy?

Have you even tried to sign up?

What stopped you?

a. lack of guts,
b. lack of brains,
c. lack of education, or
d. all of the above.

I couldn't be bothered doing a piece by piece refutation of the rubbish

you
post, it's all based on what is at best your total misunderstanding of

the
military

Everyone knows that you cannot be bothered with facts.

Oh Evan, you poor sad little loser, you are the one who keeps getting caught
out lying.

Why don't you just go to the library and read PHANTOMS of WAR instead
of continuously and baselessly denying the contents of same.

I own a copy, you misquote it routinely and ignore the fact that Horners
other works do not agree with your drivel, you are clearly an idiot who has
fixed on some poorly selected and frequently misquoted sections of one book.

Now Evan, tell us what military experience you have that makes your opinions
valid, given the interesting interpretations you place on military accounts
(or more accurately, deceptively selected extracts of one account) one would
assume you are simply an idiot in search of a village.

Old July 18th 03, 10:34 AM
Evan Brennan

"Sunny" wrote in message ...
"Evan Brennan" wrote in message
m...
snip
Australian propaganda is not fact. Many documents have been found and
cited. Even if Australian body counts were accurate, there is no
evidence that Australia ever seriously damaged the D445 VC Battalion,
D440 VC Battalion, the undersized 5th VC Division, or local VC companies.

I am not quoting from "propaganda" I served in SVN (infantry)You would do
better in your supposed "quest for the truth", if you read a larger
selection of material.

I'm always willing to read a "larger selection of material" so
recommend all the titles you want. Just remember that it won't
change "the bottom line" though.

And there is no proof that your body counts were typically accurate
and the amount of enemy activity by these units suggests otherwise.

Your joking right? according to US "body counts" charlie was wiped out
three times over.

Not according to the numbers published by both sides.

Both the MACV and CIA body count estimates are lower than what Hanoi
admitted during the 1990s (over a million dead Communist troops).

Unlike the more gravitationally-challenged Australian infantry, the
Air Cav could set up ambushes where and when they pleased in their
TOAR, or they could land right on top of the VC/NVA when it suited
them...when Charlie was taking a nap, when Charlie was taking a crap,
when Charlie was reading another Dear Gian letter...

Yep, saw a few of their "automatic ambushes" during my "gravitationally
challenged" strolls through the country side. (they did not even have the
common dog f**k to pass on grid references to their "allies")
Auto Ambush = a large qty of Clamore mines, setup with trip wire initiation,
then back in the choppers and home for a beer.

Playmore with Claymore? You're saying US troops corned the market
on minelaying, eh?

Remember Australia's half-assed scheme to "secure" part of the
Phuoc Tuy province by sowing over 20,000 anti-personnel mines?
The Diggers and the local SVN militia did not fully address the
security problems since they failed to keep out VC sappers who
removed roughly half the mines and used them against us. The VC
appreciated the "gifts" from Australia and it wasn't long before
unsuspecting Allied troops were dropping like flies.

To his credit, General Westmoreland had the patience of a saint
and could only grit his teeth and try to forget it.

Your remark that all the VC units working inside the Phuoc Tuy
province got all their food from there is hilarious. The main HQ
and logistics group of 5th VC Division was located in Cambodia.
There was huge stockpiles of rice and weapons stored there.
Old July 18th 03, 12:31 PM
L'acrobat

"Evan Brennan" wrote in message

I am not quoting from "propaganda" I served in SVN (infantry)You would

do
better in your supposed "quest for the truth", if you read a larger
selection of material.

I'm always willing to read a "larger selection of material" so
recommend all the titles you want. Just remember that it won't
change "the bottom line" though.

Or to put it another way, facts will not sway your ludicrous opinions.

BTW you still haven't told us about your vast military experience Evan.

Why is it we should listen to your nonsense again?

To his credit, General Westmoreland had the patience of a saint
and could only grit his teeth and try to forget it.

Oh yes and now the village idiot can read Westmorelands mind.

"I have never seen a finer group of men. I have never fought with a finer
group of
soldiers".

Westmoreland on Australian troops in Vietnam.

You sad pathetic joke.

Old July 18th 03, 09:07 PM
gblack

"Evan Brennan" wrote in message
m...
:
snip
: Why don't you just go to the library and read PHANTOMS of WAR
instead
: of continuously and baselessly denying the contents of same.

They've let him out again.

George Black
ICQ#: 6963409
More ways to contact me: http://wwp.icq.com/6963409
Home page: http://www.koekejunction.hnpl.net/

Old July 18th 03, 11:45 PM
Sunny

"Evan Brennan" wrote in message
snip
I'm always willing to read a "larger selection of material" so
recommend all the titles you want. Just remember that it won't
change "the bottom line" though.

Don't get lazy, go to a library and look through their "selection".
btw, nice to see that your "mind" is locked in to "your" bottom line.

Remember Australia's half-assed scheme to "secure" part of the
Phuoc Tuy province by sowing over 20,000 anti-personnel mines?
The Diggers and the local SVN militia did not fully address the
security problems since they failed to keep out VC sappers who
removed roughly half the mines and used them against us. The VC
appreciated the "gifts" from Australia and it wasn't long before
unsuspecting Allied troops were dropping like flies.

The SVN military failed to keep the minefield under surveilance.
(read some more books on the US idea of "Vietnamisation")

Your remark that all the VC units working inside the Phuoc Tuy
province got all their food from there is hilarious. The main HQ
and logistics group of 5th VC Division was located in Cambodia.
There was huge stockpiles of rice and weapons stored there.

Tell that to the villagers who "donated" half their wages and food to the VC
units.
(open your other eye)

Australia Badwater Bill Home Built 18 January 3rd 05 03:57 AM
FS: 1969-70 "The Pictorial History Of The RAF " 3-Volume Hardcover Book Set J.R. Sinclair Aviation Marketplace 0 May 30th 04 08:12 AM
FS: 1969-70 "The Pictorial History Of The RAF " 3-Volume Hardcover Book Set J.R. Sinclair Aviation Marketplace 0 January 22nd 04 05:41 AM
FS: 1969-70 "The Pictorial History Of The RAF " 3-Volume Hardcover Book Set J.R. Sinclair Aviation Marketplace 0 December 3rd 03 04:17 AM
Trying to make sense of Vietnam air war Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 July 6th 03 11:13 PM