Cheap Solar Vents

Old November 18th 09, 04:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
sisu1a

Default Cheap Solar Vents

I just bought a new solar vent for my trailer from North-Star Marine
for a very reasonable price, $60 for a stainless day/night model that
moves 1100 cubic feet/hour. The ABS model is even cheaper at $50...

Shipping was $15 for the first but would be free on a second unit. My
first one got busted by UPS, but upon me notifying North-Star they
immediately sent me a new one free of charge, letting me even keep the
old one (which I will fix...). I am very happy with the price, the
product, and especially their customer service. No, it's not a Nicro
(SunVent is the name), but at a third the price for a new one I think
it's a great deal.

http://www.northstaranchors.com/prod...vent-fans.html

I have no affiliation with North-Star, just a satisfied customer and
thought the info may be of interest to some of you in rasland...

-Paul
Old November 18th 09, 07:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Lars Peder Hansen

I'm looking for a replacement solar vent. The one I have is marked "Inter
Solar Type 35/36"
My good friend Google does not seem to know about it. Does anyone know of a
source for these, or if other models such as the one described below will
fit in the same cutout in the Cobra? They sure look similar on the photos.

Thanks,
Lars Peder
DG-600 EE, Denmark

Replace IP address by post1.tele.dk to reply by email

Old November 18th 09, 10:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

These are teh Soalr Vents used by Cobra Trailers..I've never found a source
for these outside or Cobra in Germany though I'm sure these are made for
companies other than just Cobra..but they do appear to be only found in
Europe (except on Cobra trailers)
I do ahve Nicro Solar Vents that are easily adaptable to Cobra trailers and
also have the Vetter Trailer vents in stock, these are rather unique and
probably more useful than Solar in some parts of the USA (like in the NE)
where the sun doesn't always shine but the winds do blow...see these on
http://wingsandwheels.com/page45.htm
tim

Old November 19th 09, 12:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter Scholz[_2_]

Lars Peder Hansen wrote:
I'm looking for a replacement solar vent. The one I have is marked "Inter
Solar Type 35/36"
My good friend Google does not seem to know about it. Does anyone know of a
source for these, or if other models such as the one described below will
fit in the same cutout in the Cobra? They sure look similar on the photos.

Thanks,
Lars Peder
DG-600 EE, Denmark

Replace IP address by post1.tele.dk to reply by email

Lars,

you might want to check here :
http://www.fritz-berger.de/campingar...ventilator.htm
This is a german supplier for mobile homes, they have one in stock for
¤ 54 that might fit. The diameter of the hole is approx. 12cm.

Peter

Old November 20th 09, 06:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
mattm[_2_]

http://www.northstaranchors.com/prod...solar-vent-fan...

I have no affiliation with North-Star, just a satisfied customer and
thought the info may be of interest to some of you in rasland...

-Paul

Hey, nice price. I just bought a vent from Northern Tool for about
$85
(I think that was with the shipping -- I had to pick it up at the
local store)
although mine moves 25cfm rather than 11.3 for these.

On the other hand, I've heard from several others at the airport that
these
units from Northern Tool die after a couple years of operation and
that
the company no longer makes them. I'd have to go look to see the
brand
name, and I don't see these listed on the NT website any more for
that matter. I'll just have to see how long mine lasts.

-- Matt

CHEAP Los Angeles C-172 Flying Club CHEAP [email protected] Aviation Marketplace 7 May 7th 09 03:32 PM
CHEAP Los Angeles C-172 Flying Club CHEAP Sunho Owning 2 May 7th 09 12:13 AM
CHEAP Los Angeles C-172 Flying Club CHEAP xyzzy Owning 0 April 6th 09 03:31 PM
Solar Vents JJ Sinclair Soaring 2 February 14th 08 02:36 PM
Solar vents delivered on Cobra trailers Dan Dunkel Soaring 7 April 4th 04 08:38 PM