Motels for 2010 SSA Convention (USA)

Old November 15th 09, 11:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
RN

Default Motels for 2010 SSA Convention (USA)

Just wondering if anyone familiar with the Little Rock area can
provide some suggestions for motels near the convention site with
rates in the "1" or "2" tow range versus the "3" tow Convention Hotel.
Old November 16th 09, 04:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
glidergeek

On Nov 15, 3:10*pm, RN wrote:
Just wondering if anyone familiar with the Little Rock area can
provide some suggestions for motels near the convention site with
rates in the "1" or "2" tow range versus the "3" tow Convention Hotel.

The SSA web site boasts the special rate of $126 per night at the
Doubletree. If you go to the Doubletree reservation page the rate for
the same nights (as the convention) are $119. In December the rates
are in the $106 range for the same time of the week. Where I've been
flyin (and it's been real limited this year) 3 tows to 2000' cost
about $150. I'm sure a little Google detective work and you can find
some cheaper rates.
Old November 17th 09, 04:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott Alexander[_2_]

Little Rock is one of my main routes. I layover at the La Quinta Inn
& Suites Downtown Conference Center. It's a short walk to the
convention center where the SSA will be at. The Shrevport Club who is
hosting this event really picked a nice spot.

The best part of Little Rock is up and down West Markham Street. This
is where the most expensive hotels are and where the convention center
is. However there's plenty of hotels that are cheap and within
walking distance of this area. There's a fantastic pizza parlor
called "Iriani's Pizza" that has a couple pool tables and buffet style
pizza on west markham st (great place for lunch). Everytime I go
there, I walk from the La Quinta past the convention center to
Iriani's. I plan on staying at the La Quinta Inn for 49 dollars a
night. It's 0.4 miles to the convention center, I plan on walking.

Also, if you are coming to Little Rock, do not!....I mean DO
NOT!....... leave until you have eaten at the "Cajun's Wharf!" It's
just a couple minutes from the cenvention center overlooking the
river. Excellent service, excellent seafood. You can get in and out
of there for 10-15 bucks a person. When I was in college at Delta
State University, we did our heavy avionic maintenance at LIT
airport. The university would ask a student each week to fly a plane
over to LIT and stay for a while until it gets fixed. Students and
instructors would FIGHT over these trips so they could get a courtesy
car and drive over to the Cajun's Wharf with their friends riding
along. Fun Times!

Another fun thing to see in Little Rock is the William Jefferson
Clinton Presidential Library (also located downtown on the river).
I've not been there yet, but I have heard it's a really neat place to
go.

See ya there!

Scott Alexander
Memphis, TN

Old November 17th 09, 08:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

I've done the off site hotel thing in the past but last time I split a
room at the convention hotel. I think its the best way to do it. Of
course I also have issued myself a personal challenge to see how many
people I can fit in that room. Even with 4 people the nightly cost
gets really low and you don't have to walk far or drive anywhere after
the hotel bar closes.

US Regionals 2010 5E Soaring 2 September 8th 09 05:12 PM
Well, theres always 2010 Steve Foley[_4_] Piloting 4 January 3rd 09 11:33 PM
Motels at Hobbs Steve Leonard Soaring 5 July 11th 06 05:42 PM
OSHKOSH/EAA, Motels/Ride/Eats at Portage, WI [email protected] Piloting 1 July 5th 05 11:20 PM
Tonopah motels full July 7-11 [email protected] Soaring 0 May 24th 05 06:57 AM