Back seat in a C152?

Old February 8th 04, 02:45 PM
CFLav8r

Default Back seat in a C152?

Well after trying to talk Paul out of buy that 8000 hr. C152 I ran across a
C152 on aerotraderonline.com that has a back seat.
http://www.aerotraderonline.com/deal....html?51754654
What gives? Is this plane designed for waifs only?
Wouldn't that mean that each passenger must be around a maximum 100 lbs.?

David (KORL)

Old February 8th 04, 03:10 PM
Roy Smith

In article ,
"CFLav8r" wrote:

Well after trying to talk Paul out of buy that 8000 hr. C152 I ran across a
C152 on aerotraderonline.com that has a back seat.
http://www.aerotraderonline.com/deal....html?51754654

Wow, I knew they existed, but I never actually saw a 152 that had one
installed. It's certainly only a child seat.
Old February 8th 04, 03:19 PM
Joe Young

"CFLav8r" wrote in message
Well after trying to talk Paul out of buy that 8000 hr. C152 I ran across

C152 on aerotraderonline.com that has a back seat.
http://www.aerotraderonline.com/deal....html?51754654
What gives? Is this plane designed for waifs only?
Wouldn't that mean that each passenger must be around a maximum 100 lbs.?

David (KORL)

Didn't you hear about the Cessna attorneys feeling the need to be
politically correct and offer a 4-place option to the midget (excuse me... I
meant Litttle People) community? Or maybe it was termed the supermodel
option???

Old February 8th 04, 04:22 PM
Ron Wanttaja

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004 09:19:51 -0600, "Joe Young"
wrote:

"CFLav8r" wrote in message
m...
Well after trying to talk Paul out of buy that 8000 hr. C152 I ran across
a C152 on aerotraderonline.com that has a back seat.
http://www.aerotraderonline.com/deal....html?51754654
What gives? Is this plane designed for waifs only?
Wouldn't that mean that each passenger must be around a maximum 100 lbs.?

Didn't you hear about the Cessna attorneys feeling the need to be
politically correct and offer a 4-place option to the midget (excuse me... I
meant Litttle People) community?

Excuse me, but that's "Vertically Challenged." :-)

Ron "horizontally challenged" Wanttaja
Old February 8th 04, 04:35 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"CFLav8r" wrote in message

Well after trying to talk Paul out of buy that 8000 hr. C152 I ran across

C152 on aerotraderonline.com that has a back seat.
http://www.aerotraderonline.com/deal....html?51754654
What gives? Is this plane designed for waifs only?
Wouldn't that mean that each passenger must be around a maximum 100

lbs.?

Cessna made a kiddie seat available for the 150/152.

Old February 8th 04, 05:02 PM
G.R. Patterson III

CFLav8r wrote:

Well after trying to talk Paul out of buy that 8000 hr. C152 I ran across a
C152 on aerotraderonline.com that has a back seat.
http://www.aerotraderonline.com/deal....html?51754654
What gives? Is this plane designed for waifs only?

Yep. Cessna sold that as a "child seat".

Wouldn't that mean that each passenger must be around a maximum 100 lbs.?

Less than that. IIRC, the seat itself weighs about 25 pounds. It does come out
easily.

George Patterson
Love, n.: A form of temporary insanity afflicting the young. It is curable
either by marriage or by removal of the afflicted from the circumstances
under which he incurred the condition. It is sometimes fatal, but more
often to the physician than to the patient.
Old February 11th 04, 12:48 AM
Matthew P. Cummings

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 17:02:19 +0000, G.R. Patterson III wrote:

Less than that. IIRC, the seat itself weighs about 25 pounds. It does come out
easily.

~11 lbs and it can't come out without a logbook entry because you'll have
to redo the W&B, but you're right in that it's only a couple screws and
bolts and is easily done. It's not a common option.

My plane has one in it. That area of the plane is also limited to 120 lbs
but then if you filled all the seats to max you'd have to make airplane
noises because you sure couldn't run it without fuel.

Old February 11th 04, 01:50 AM
Dale

In article . net,
"Matthew P. Cummings" wrote:

~11 lbs and it can't come out without a logbook entry because you'll have
to redo the W&B, but you're right in that it's only a couple screws and
bolts and is easily done. It's not a common option.

I had removable rear seats in my 182. I also removed the right front
seat when hauling jumpers. I had the W&B done to show all three
configurations.

--
Dale L. Falk

There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing
as simply messing around with airplanes.

http://home.gci.net/~sncdfalk/flying.html
Old February 13th 04, 01:35 AM
Matthew P. Cummings

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 16:50:05 -0900, Dale wrote:

seat when hauling jumpers. I had the W&B done to show all three
configurations.

You know, I've seen pilots do that for wheel fairings and seats. I've
always wondered if that's really legal? I mean, you'd have to have a
logbook entry stating what was done, then a W&B sheet done up. But, can a
prior logbook entry overrule a later entry? That's what I wonder about,
someday when I think of it I'll ask my local IA about it unless somebody
here knows how it's done, or if it's kosher.

The ones I know of were done by an A&P, but then I've seen A&P's do things
that are not legal as well thus my question.

Old February 13th 04, 03:31 AM
Newps

You have to have a current weight and balance. That doesn't mean you
can't have more than one. I do the same thing with my 182. I carry
three W+B's. One for all seats in, one for the rear seat removed and a
third for the rear and copilot seat removed. You are required to log
when you remove or replace a seat. Nobody does, but it is required.
And it's only required that it be written down, you can do it on a
napkin if you want.