Pilot runs out of fuel waiting for security clearance

Old July 12th 03, 04:56 AM
Judah

No. Not at all. Of course, I don't advocate that we strip-search every
private pilot before they get on their airplane.

I was merely responding to Mr. Dunihos statement that I was a jerk and an
idiot for believing that GA could pose a threat.

Paul Baechler wrote in
news
In article ,
Judah wrote:

A suicide bomber in Jerusalem, with 30 pounds of explosives strapped to
his belt, can murder and injure dozens of innocent people in
restaurants, night clubs, markets, and bus stations. You don't believe
that 500 pounds of explosives in a suicide-bomber's Cessna is a
potential security threat?

500 pounds of explosives in a suicide-bomber's Cessna is a potential
security threat, but so is 30 pounds of explosives strapped to a belt.
Are you advocating we strip-search every person entering a public
building? If not, why single out the Cessna?

Old July 12th 03, 05:09 AM
Judah

So you are saying there have been no changes in commercial (airline)
aviation since 9/11?

Have you flown on an Airline recently? Ever get an *S* stamped on your
ticket? Notice that the lines seem to take longer, and some people even
take off their shoes to go through security now?

Planes don't kill people, people kill people. The government has found a
way to secure the airline industry by putting security checkpoints in the
airports. Do you want to have security checkpoints at your local FBO?

Paul Baechler wrote in newsbaechle-
:

In article ,
(Captain Wubba) wrote:

Whatever had been used at the WTC would have received a backlash. Had
rental trucks been used for that, there would now be restrictions on
rental trucks. Had a tanker truck been hijacked and blown up
destroying the buildings, there would be massive restrictions on
tanker trucks right now. That's just human nature. You restrict what's
been *shown* to be a threat.

"What"s been *shown* to be a threat" is long-range commercial airliners.
Your choices now are to list the "massive restrictions" on commercial
airliners or to admit your argument is false.

Old July 12th 03, 06:48 AM
Jonathan Birge

"Tom Fleischman" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
In article , Rosspilot
wrote:

I would go so far as to say that he personally may not be aware of
any of these restrictions at all.

That's why I think 300,000 letters sent to the White House bitching

about it
might make an impression. He might actually direct the Secret Service

to back
off on it a little . . .

You don't really think that bozo would actually read those 300,000
letters himself do you? Or even be told about them by his staff if they
were to arrive there? I'd be suprised if he was able to read at all.

Tom and Ross:

That moron made it through Yale and Harvard business school (the fact that
he got in off his surname notwithstanding). He's not as dumb as he appears
to be, nor are his detractors as smart as they believe they are.

-Jonathan

Old July 12th 03, 06:53 AM
Jonathan Birge

"Rosspilot" wrote in message
I'd be suprised if he was able to read at all.

His record of flying a jet fighter is ample proof that he can read - and
perform...

his record is that he has the attention span of a gnat.

I'll give you that. So what does it say about the state of the polical left
today that a man with an obvious learning disability and the attention span
of your average second-grader is more popular than a man who was a Rhodes
scholar?

Old July 12th 03, 07:10 AM
Peter Duniho

"Judah" wrote in message
Have you flown on an Airline recently? Ever get an *S* stamped on your
ticket? Notice that the lines seem to take longer, and some people even
take off their shoes to go through security now?

Your naivete continues to abound (and astound). You don't really think that
all that security is actually making it impossible, or even significantly
harder, for a terrorist to take over an airliner, do you?

All it's accomplished is ensuring that the law-abiding passengers are now
unarmed (and ungroomed).

Pete

Old July 12th 03, 07:11 AM
Peter Duniho

"Judah" wrote in message
I was merely responding to Mr. Dunihos statement that I was a jerk and an
idiot for believing that GA could pose a threat.

I don't think I ever used the word "jerk".

Old July 12th 03, 07:13 AM
Peter Duniho

"Jonathan Birge" wrote in message
I'll give you that. So what does it say about the state of the polical

left
today that a man with an obvious learning disability and the attention

span
of your average second-grader is more popular than a man who was a Rhodes
scholar?

IMHO, it says as much about the voting public as it says about the
politicians involved.

Old July 12th 03, 01:00 PM
Judah

No, I don't. Again, I am simply responding with facts. My opinion on the
effectiveness of the security measures is irrelevant.

The fact of the matter is that the reason that the airlines will never have
another attack similar to 9/11 is because the crew and passengers will
handle a hijacking properly this time. The fact that the people won't be
able to use their tweezers to defend themselves is not, in my opinion, a
very impressive security measure.

But in response to your point, why do you complain so bitterly about GA
security, but I haven't heard you mention how people's rights are violated
when they fly commercially at all! Clearly, that's unfair also, isn't it?

"Peter Duniho" wrote in
:

Old July 12th 03, 01:07 PM
Judah

Sure you did. Earlier on in the thread...

It's unfortunate your mother didn't raise you any better, but since she
apparently didn't, it's clear we need laws to prevent jerks like you from
failing to dispose of your trash properly.

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=g:...n&lr=&ie=UTF-8
&oe=UTF-8&selm=vgbdsv11p5nle9%40corp.supernews.com

"Peter Duniho" wrote in
:

Old July 12th 03, 01:34 PM
Judah

It was all the cocaine he did afterward that rotted his brains...

"Jonathan Birge" wrote in
: