Mx is now forging other peoples monikers - beware!

Old March 25th 07, 03:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.disasters.aviation
Bertie the Bunyip

Default Mx is now forging other peoples monikers - beware!

On Mar 25, 2:15 am, Larry Dighera wrote:
On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 14:07:46 -0500, "CRaSH"
wrote in :

Mx has forged my moniker on several postings in the sim group, ...

Identity theft is a serious crime. Unless you are able to support
your allegation with incontestable fact, you are guilty of libel, for
which you are open to prosecution, sir.

Forging a usenet post isn't anything like a crime, and believe me,
I've seen plenty of it. Unless the forger actually uses another
poster's e-mail addie, it isn't even forging. It's known as "frogging"
in fact.... Making statements like you just have above will get you
nothing but a CNOTM award.

Old March 25th 07, 03:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip

On Mar 25, 2:58 am, Mxsmanic wrote:
Steve Foley writes:
Who would be the victim? Someone with the initials Mx?

If a person can be damaged by posts forged with his pseudonym, then a person
can be damaged by accusations directed to his pseudonym. You cannot have your
cake and eat it, too.

Or fruitcake in your case.

Bertie

Old March 25th 07, 03:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip

On Mar 25, 3:03 am, Mxsmanic wrote:
John T writes:
Forging USENET monikers is "identity theft"? Worse, it's a crime? And
falsely accusing one of forging said monikers is libel?

You'd have to show some sort of damage to use these appellations.

If a person posts with a name that clearly associates the post with a real
person (or allows this to be done easily), and someone impersonates him in a
post using the same name, with a post that damages his reputation, he may have
a claim against the forger.

Similarly, if a person false accuses someone of forgery and this results in
some sort of real-world prejudice against that person (cancellation of an
account, trouble with an employer, etc.), then the person accused also has a
claim.

If it's just a matter of trading worthless insults in cyberspace alone, there
generally is nothing to justify legal action.

If you think someone is forging your posts, and you wish to complain, there
are some things you should keep in mind. First is that, unless it is a very
egregious case of forgery that does real damage to you, most ISPs and
providers will ignore your complaints. Second is that, if it does damage you
in some way, you need to be able to provide that objectively; hurt feelings
and pride do _not_ count. Third is that, if your posts are being forged, you
can point out the forgery and complain about it, but don't accuse anyone of it
specifically unless you have objective proof--because, if you are wrong, and
the other person suffers any damage as a result of your accusation, you could
find yourself in quite a bit of hot water, much more than you bargained for.

Bwawhahwhahwhahwhhwahwhahwhahwhhahwhahwhahwhhahw!

God you're a fjukkkwit.

Bertie

Old March 25th 07, 03:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley[_2_]

"CRaSH" wrote in message

I saw it too, but THAT is hard to believe! Mxmoron has ****ed off what
would probably constitute a major city population, is still "on the air",
and I'm sure a good percentage has been ****ed enough to complain.

Maybe they have a "3,000,000 strikes and you're out" policy?

I didn't complain because I didn't know they had an anti-trolling policy.

Maybe I'll turn off my filter and see if he's still trolling....

Maybe they're at 2,999,999 and holding....

Old March 25th 07, 04:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.disasters.aviation
Bertie the Bunyip

On Mar 24, 10:46 pm, "Steve Foley" wrote:
"CRaSH" wrote in message

Mx has forged my moniker on several postings in the sim group, so if you
see someone post something uncharacteristic for that particular
individual, check it out before jumping on them. Mx has a really tough
time replicating a normal human being, so it usually sticks out...

What a piece of useless vermin..... And people still pander to the
psychopath.... Amazing....

Cheers'n Beers.. [_])
Don

Send the post (Including headers) to abuse at giganews.

Fromhttp://www.giganews.com/legal/aup.html
Altered Headers
Falsifying header lines to obscure the originating server, to attribute a
post to someone else, to falsely indicate moderator approval, or to make an
original post look like a followup are serious abuses of our service and
will result in immediate account termination

Also, I just noticed their acceptable use polity prohibits trolling:

Trolling
Trolling is the practice of maliciously trying to incite others that use a
newsgroup, to deviate from the stated topic of the group. In other words,
trolling is an attempt to anger others to the point of drawing them into an
argument or an off topic debate. Giganews does not tolerate trolling and
will terminate service of those who abuse the service in this manner.

Well they don't sound like they're much fun.

bertie

Old March 25th 07, 04:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
CRaSH

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

If you think someone is forging your posts, and you wish to
complain, there are some things you should keep in mind. First is
that, unless it is a very egregious case of forgery that does real
damage to you, most ISPs and providers will ignore your complaints.
Second is that, if it does damage you in some way, you need to be
able to provide that objectively; hurt feelings and pride do _not_
count. Third is that, if your posts are being forged, you can point
out the forgery and complain about it, but don't accuse anyone of it
specifically unless you have objective proof--because, if you are
wrong, and the other person suffers any damage as a result of your
accusation, you could find yourself in quite a bit of hot water,
much more than you bargained for.

Bwawhahwhahwhahwhhwahwhahwhahwhhahwhahwhahwhhahw!

God you're a fjukkkwit.

I'm absolutely certain Mxmoron has heard every legal defense possible!!!
How could a no account piece of **** like this have survived otherwise??

Old March 25th 07, 04:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
buttman

On Mar 24, 12:07 pm, "CRaSH" wrote:
Mx has forged my moniker on several postings in the sim group, so if you see
someone post something uncharacteristic for that particular individual,
check it out before jumping on them. Mx has a really tough time replicating
a normal human being, so it usually sticks out...

What a piece of useless vermin..... And people still pander to the
psychopath.... Amazing....

Cheers'n Beers.. [_])
Don

so do you have any actual proof that it was him that forged your name,
or did your mind just go "hmm, someone posted a message on a usenet
group using my internet chit-chat name AND I AM SO HURT, who will I
blame it on, OH I KNOW IT MUST BE THAT MX GUY EVERYONE HATES!!!" I
THINK I'LL MAKE A POST ABOUT IT AND EVERYONE CAN REPLY GIVING ME
VIRTUAL HIGH-FIVES WHILE WE ALL SULK OVER THAT DUMB POOPOO HEAD
BECAUSE HE __DOESNT EVEN FLY PLANES___!!! AHAHA HE PLAYS
SIMULATORS!!!! ///HE ISNT EVEN A REAL PILOT/// HOW DARE HE POST AT OUR
PRECIOUS INTERNET CLIQUE HE MUST BE STOPPED AT ONCE

Old March 25th 07, 05:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BDS

wrote in :

Mx has forged my moniker on several postings in the sim group, ...

Identity theft is a serious crime. Unless you are able to support
your allegation with incontestable fact, you are guilty of libel, for
which you are open to prosecution, sir.

Now that's funny!

BDS

Old March 25th 07, 05:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"buttman" wrote

so do you have any actual proof that it was him that forged your name,
or did your mind just go "hmm, someone posted a message on a usenet
group using my internet chit-chat name AND I AM SO HURT, who will I
blame it on, OH I KNOW IT MUST BE THAT MX GUY EVERYONE HATES!!!"

What a rude, stoopid ass you are. A waste of breathing good air.

Butt out, buttman. Grow up. Throw a temper tantrum elsewhere.

plonk.

You're just a little turd, not worthy of any capital letters in the plonk.

Not even worthy of my sig line.

Beware these scammers goneill Soaring 1 April 8th 05 11:19 PM
Beware of PMDG!!!!!! JJ Simulators 9 January 4th 05 08:34 PM
Beware of that guy Chris Soaring 0 March 4th 04 09:16 AM
"The Lessons of History: The Chinese Peoples' Liberation Army at 75" Mike Military Aviation 0 October 15th 03 03:44 PM