On Anonymity, Moderated Fora, and Usenet

Old June 11th 08, 03:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default On Anonymity, Moderated Fora, and Usenet

On Jun 10, 5:38 pm, HARRY POTTER wrote:
wrote:
So pathetic as to make excuses for the behaviour of an ass?

Do you blame rape victims for the crime too? How about leaving your
car parked outside overnight? Is that 'asking' some lowlife dirtball
to come along and vandalize it? Where does personal accountability
fit into your world view?

Since when is saying mean things on the internet a crime equal to rape?

It's folks with your mindset that create a society of immediate
gratification at the cost of long term good, i.e., if I want it then I
should have it...if I want to slam someone in a cowardly fashion, I
should do that too.

uh wut

And he never said he couldn't take it.

Then why did he feel the need to bring up, knowing it would derail the
thread into a pity party for him.

So now you claim to know what he was thinking when he posted?

Whatever man. From my seat he was making an observation about
'grownup' behaviour hiding behind anonymity. So who's correct? From
Dudley's posting history I'm inclined to say I am, but you can read
anything you like into his post to serve your own purpose- and if that
is to slam him then that's your business, but it seems a waste of your
time to do so to someone already suffering a loss. Why stoop so low?

Old June 11th 08, 04:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Maxwell Isn't Smart

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 04:55:56 +0000, Bertie the Bunyip droned:
"Maxwell" wrote:
"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote...
Dudley Henriques wrote:

He's still around, BTW. if you feel the need to push his buttons. He
was even more entertaining than Maxie!

Even got his own honorary group.
alt.fan.beavis-and-basshole

Glad you could stop by Bertie, and firm up the working relationship
between you and Dudley for all to see. Now is a good time to advertise
that you BOTH like to make sport of deliberately pushing someone's
buttons.

Well, I do, Dudley can speak for himself.

Cool! But then all the smart ones already knew it. Nice reminder, very
timely.

Yes. BTW, you got more buttons than an old adding machine.

He's got more buttons than a freakin' magpie!...
Old June 11th 08, 04:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries

Maxwell Isn't Smart wrote:
On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 04:55:56 +0000, Bertie the Bunyip droned:
"Maxwell" wrote:
"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote...
Dudley Henriques wrote:

He's still around, BTW. if you feel the need to push his buttons.
He was even more entertaining than Maxie!

Even got his own honorary group.
alt.fan.beavis-and-basshole

Glad you could stop by Bertie, and firm up the working relationship
between you and Dudley for all to see. Now is a good time to
advertise that you BOTH like to make sport of deliberately pushing
someone's buttons.

Well, I do, Dudley can speak for himself.

Cool! But then all the smart ones already knew it. Nice reminder,
very timely.

Yes. BTW, you got more buttons than an old adding machine.

He's got more buttons than a freakin' magpie!...

Based on one of his earlier posts to Dudley, I'd say he's less innocuous
than you make him out to be.

--
Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries

If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will
scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will
refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something
which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he
will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is
explained in this way. - Bertrand Russell

Old June 11th 08, 04:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries" wrote in news:6ba9gfF39q9juU1
@mid.individual.net:

Maxwell Isn't Smart wrote:
On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 04:55:56 +0000, Bertie the Bunyip droned:
"Maxwell" wrote:
"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote...
Dudley Henriques wrote:

He's still around, BTW. if you feel the need to push his buttons.
He was even more entertaining than Maxie!

Even got his own honorary group.
alt.fan.beavis-and-basshole

Glad you could stop by Bertie, and firm up the working relationship
between you and Dudley for all to see. Now is a good time to
advertise that you BOTH like to make sport of deliberately pushing
someone's buttons.

Well, I do, Dudley can speak for himself.

Cool! But then all the smart ones already knew it. Nice reminder,
very timely.

Yes. BTW, you got more buttons than an old adding machine.

He's got more buttons than a freakin' magpie!...

Based on one of his earlier posts to Dudley, I'd say he's less innocuous
than you make him out to be.

Indeed, he flushed the last dingleberry of his cred down the toilet there.

Bertie
Old June 11th 08, 05:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Maxwell Isn't Smart

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 05:00:26 +0000, Bertie the Bunyip droned:
"Maxwell" wrote:
"Michael" wrote

Nice post Mike. Seems like some reasonable observations.

But don't count out those that simply come here to teach and preach
strictly for the sake of their ego. Perhaps they have always dreamed of
writing and answer column, and the Usenet seems to be just the place.

I think this groups suffers more than most, because pilots are more apt
to take themselves too seriously. Certainly not to say they all do, but
we seem to have far too many in our ranks.

You are a k00k....

IAWTP.
Old June 11th 08, 05:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
romeomike

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Wow, you've added a whole new dimension to your creepiness.

Bertie

Unfortunately, killfiling Maxwell hasn't totally wiped him from my view,
though it sure has cleaned up my downloaded posts :-)
Bertie, why spar with someone who obviously has "issues"? He's not just
in it for the sport. The nature of his comments suggests some sort of
pathology involved. It makes it almost sad to respond to his posts. It's
like taunting a staggering drunk. Please give it up. You don't need the
last word on this one.
Old June 11th 08, 05:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

romeomike wrote in :

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Wow, you've added a whole new dimension to your creepiness.

Bertie

Unfortunately, killfiling Maxwell hasn't totally wiped him from my view,
though it sure has cleaned up my downloaded posts :-)
Bertie, why spar with someone who obviously has "issues"? He's not just
in it for the sport. The nature of his comments suggests some sort of
pathology involved. It makes it almost sad to respond to his posts. It's
like taunting a staggering drunk. Please give it up. You don't need the
last word on this one.

Sparring? You're kidding, right? Some people play solitaire while they're
idling away on th enet, I whack k00ks! One of the flonkers is frogging
maxie so that may be why you're seeing some maxwell posts still. They're
easy to tell apart, the flonker's posts are coherent and mostly polite. .

Bertie
Old June 11th 08, 05:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

On 2008-06-10, Martin Hotze wrote:
clueless ones who would email me there. Thus I decided that if
someone wanted to get hold of me, well, it was certainly easy enough
without maintaining that address. Works fine.

on your end, maybe. but this is not good 'netcitizenship'.

On a point of pedantry...

Actually, the domain does exist, it just doesn't have an MX record. So
no, it won't get any cybersquatters in it any time soon.

Non-aviation technical point: it's been a few years since I've had to deal
with e-mail DNS issues so my recollection may be off, but I believe that if
no MX record is found, then the A record should be attempted. Whether
anything is listening on port 25 is another story.
Old June 11th 08, 06:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Jim Logajan

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Sparring? You're kidding, right? Some people play solitaire while
they're idling away on th enet, I whack k00ks!

Kind of like hunting rocks in a forest using repeated use of herbicides.
Kills the forest but the rocks are never eradicated.
Old June 11th 08, 10:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Jim Logajan" wrote in message
.. .
"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote:
"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message

I'm really at a total loss as to how to answer this question from
you. If I thought you actually cared about our loss and wanted to
know I would gladly discuss my son with you. I'm sorry but the trust
just isn't there between us for me to take the chance.

--
Dudley Henriques

How old was he Dudley, and when did he pass? Hardly a discussion.

I wonder why you wouldn't want anyone to know?

Um, why is this irrelevant bit of information so important to you?

Please help me to understand what loss have you suffered that requires
this
sort of constant and incredibly insensitive attack?

What is irrelevant and insensitive about asking his age, and how long since
he had passed?