Thrown out of an FBO...

Old November 15th 06, 05:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose[_1_]

Default Try MS Instant Messenger ? [was Thrown out of an FBO...]

Whenever I see see a read with repeated dialog between less than a half
dozen people, I really wish the participants would try using Instant
messenger, rather than watsing usenet bnswidth ona local dialog.

The thread leading into this message is a case in point!

We actually had a good solution for that (the prepends, like OT, POL,
PED) but forgot. I've started prepending POL when I remember.

Jose
--
"Never trust anything that can think for itself, if you can't see where
it keeps its brain." (chapter 10 of book 3 - Harry Potter).
Old November 15th 06, 05:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose[_1_]

Default POL Thrown out of an FBO...

Would it irk you? Do you consider this "best mate" to =be= family?
No. He's not family. Nothing will change that.

Well then, your comparison to some gay couples is flawed. There are gay
couples that are like "boyfriend/girlfriend"; they are not family to
each other. They're dating. Those are not the ones seeking visitation
rights for themselves. However, there are other gay couples that have
committed themselves to each other for life. =They= are family to each
other. =They= are the ones that want their ssspouse to be able to visit
them.

That's far more akin to your wife being denied visitation rights because
she is not a blood relative. I bet that would irk you.

Jose
Old November 15th 06, 05:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Crash Lander[_1_]

Default Thrown out of an FBO...

"Jose" wrote in message
om...
The hospital says I'm only allowed immediate family to visit. My best
mate of 30 years, whom I love like a brother, isn't allowed to visit.
This would irk him too, but he doesn't cry discrimination or equal rights
about it.

Would it irk you? Do you consider this "best mate" to =be= family?

Jose

No. He's not family. Nothing will change that. (unless he marries my sister
or something, and even then, he wouldn't pass as immediate family.)
Oz/Crash Lander

Old November 15th 06, 10:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dylan Smith

On 2006-11-15, Matt Whiting wrote:
If yours were practiced universally, all mankind would spend eternity in
Hell, which is much worse in both numbers and magnitude than anything
you mentioned above. That is what I call real damage and it occurs from
your religion.

Hell doesn't exist, and an absence of religion isn't a religion. It's an
....absence... of religion. It is possible to have no religion, you know.

Old November 15th 06, 10:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
mike regish

Not even close.

mike

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
mike regish wrote:
Psycho.

Do you REALLY believe that crap? And if you do, and I think you do, then
you know what a powerful tool it is with which to control men and
convince them that the vilest most cruel acts are justified.

Sure beats your crap.

Check this crap out and tell me you would even want to be associated with
a god who would encourage this.
http://www.dim.com/~randl/tinq.htm

God doesn't encourage that. Evil men do.

Yeah. OK. You keep believing that. Does the tooth fairy leave money for
dentures? Do you still leave out cookies and milk for Santa? Grow up! Make
your own decisions and stop deluding yourself.

Maybe W went here for some tips.

You are truly sick.

And you are lost and perishing. Hopefully, you will see the light before
it is too late.

I already have.

Matt

Old November 15th 06, 10:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
mike regish

I love this! YOU want PROOF. How freakin rich is that?

OK. I want PROOF that there is a god. Proof...not that "cause the bible says
so" crap.

mike

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
news

And he has no objective proof that God encourages or even condones the
atrocities to which he makes reference.

Matt

Old November 15th 06, 10:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Dylan,

Hell doesn't exist, and an absence of religion isn't a religion. It's an
....absence... of religion. It is possible to have no religion, you know.

We had a extensive discussion on this a while back - google it, if you
like. I promise you: Matt won't budge. You haven't seen half of it.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 15th 06, 10:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dylan Smith

On 2006-11-15, Grumman-581 wrote:
On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 00:34:53 +0000, Judah wrote:
I guess there are indeed fanatics in ALL religions...

Yep... Some say System V, some say BSD... And then there is that really
strange fringe element, Ultrix... I'm flexible -- I figure any of them is
better than Windoze...

Vi is better than emacs.

Old November 15th 06, 10:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dylan Smith

On 2006-11-14, Jay Honeck wrote:
If you decide you're going to stick your finger in your nose in a fine
restaurant, and eat whatever you retrieve, you WILL be escorted from
that restaurant, guaranteed.

However, if you have blue eyes, you won't. One is an action, one is an
appearance. They are both harmless to all concerned, but are treated
quite differently.

How is the action of a straight couple loving each other any different
from a gay couple loving each other? Gayness or straightness is just an
attribute of who you are, just like, say, having blue eyes or being left
handed. Denying gay marriage makes as much sense as denying left handed
marriage.

Old November 15th 06, 11:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_1_]

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 10:18:35 +0000, Dylan Smith wrote:
Vi is better than emacs.

Hmmm... It would appear that we are of the same religious sect... grin