pearl harbor, no naval air defense

Old April 18th 04, 06:39 AM
Tiger

Scott Mayfield wrote:

If my memory serves me correctly, the carriers were all at sea for
carquals, and too far out to get an effective defense over Pearl.

SM

"old hoodoo" wrote in message
I just read that that the Navy took no responsibility for protecting the

naval base and that this was an Army responsibility. The
few fighter aircraft at the naval base were aircraft in transit or under

repair and there were virtually no available fighter
pilots. Does this seem ridiculous to anyone else??????

Apparently an SBD from the Enterprize claimed on Japanese plane shot

down for Naval air that day.

Al

Enterprise Delivered F4F's To the Marines On Midway & Arrived back at
Pearl Late Sun the 7th or early Mon. the 8th. Lexington delivered F4F's
to Wake.