Fly-In Beer Festivals

Old March 26th 04, 08:41 PM
Dylan Smith

In article , Paul Sengupta wrote:
getting on and off islands
I suppose the IoM would be a good use too.

GA becomes very useful when you live on a reasonably small island.

* We have vertical. The Channel Islands are all billiard tables.

Hmm. More difficult to walk/cycle around...

I find cycling downhill very easy :-)

* We have three breweries and a distillery for a population of 78K.

Is the beer as cheap? 3 Breweries. Ok, that's one plus for an
overnight stay...

I dunno how much beer is in the CI, I've only been there once. But
Bushy's Oyster Stout knocks anything the Irish make into a cocked hat!

* Our population density is less than 1/3rd of Jersey's - much more open

space.

To build an airport? They have one on Jersey...

We have four! (Andreas, the glider club. Jurby, mainly used for
motorcycling, but where the airshow is, Mount Rule, a private grass
strip, and of course Ronaldsway).

* We have the International Tin Bath races.

Um...

Hey, they have world acclaim! (Some day, I want to build an aircraft
carrier tin bath and sink my opponents :-))

snipoccupation/snip
Yeah, I stayed in the Pomme d'Or hotel when I went to visit JerseyPost.
That was German HQ in the war. Interesting place.

They also have castles, but I'd like to see those on the IoM.

We have complete ones (Castle Rushen in Castletown) and somewhat
incomplete ones (Peel Castle). You can often catch a Shakespeare play at
Peel Castle. You just have to watch out for the seagulls! (Peel's got
quite a lot to visit - such as the House of Manannan which is a good day
out, and tells you a lot of the history).

--
Dylan Smith, Castletown, Isle of Man
Flying: http://www.dylansmith.net
Old March 31st 04, 06:18 AM
StellaStar

http://www.dylansmith.co.im/photogra...rora-dec-2003/

Oh, Dylan, you do take the best photos! Of course, this is my very favorite...

http://www.dylansmith.net/flying/tri...s-modified.jpg