What glider will fit a 6' 7" giant?

Old November 25th 10, 01:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott Alexander[_2_]

Default What glider will fit a 6' 7" giant?

I am trying to help a friend find a glider that he can fit into. He is
looking for a club class glider or slighty higher cost. What gliders
would he be able to fit into?
Old November 25th 10, 01:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris Bessent

Default What glider will fit a 6' 7

Try this:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...u-7_glider.jpg

Not sure there are many about.......

Old November 25th 10, 01:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark

Probably worth his time to try sitting in a Genesis. It has a large
cockpit.

Old November 25th 10, 02:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Westbender

wrote:
I am trying to help a friend find a glider that he can fit into. He is
looking for a club class glider *or slighty higher cost. What gliders
would he be able to fit into?

I've heard a lot of people say the Grob Astir is very roomy.
Old November 25th 10, 03:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
cernauta

If I can do math correctly, he's 2m tall. Well, in my opinion (I'm
1.87m and I have some friends over 2m) it very much depends on his
body shape, the leg-torso proportion, and how fat or slim he is.

Being slim helps a lot, and he might fit into an LS4 or LS1f, maybe a
DG202. Astir cockpits also come in different variants, some of them
are quite roomy and comfortable. You should investigate further.

At a higher price, the "C" variants of Ventus2 / Discus 2 sailplanes
are the best for tall pilots.

aldo cernezzi
Old November 25th 10, 04:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
cernauta

On Thu, 25 Nov 2010 16:45:49 +0100, cernauta wrote:

Being slim helps a lot, and he might fit into an..

I just recalled of a friend of mine, who at 190cm flies an "A"
fuselage: he has a special parachute. He wears only a body harness,
while the canopy is located inside the luggage compartment.

a very thin parachute may be enough, anyway.

aldo

Old November 25th 10, 04:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

If he is slim, he might fit into an Open Cirrus. I have heard of
folks 6' 4" fitting in with no problem

aerodyne
Old November 25th 10, 05:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

at 6' 7" he's have room to swim in the new 304S!
I'm just shy of 5' 11" and 190 pounds, if I put the pedals forward and the
seatback all the way to the rear I am "FULLY" reclined and my head is down
with the "BOTTOM" of the canopy! look at the image (thumbnail) on my index
page http://www.wingsandwheels.com/textindex.htm
I have never been in any glider with this kind of room to spare!
granted the 304S is not a "club class" glider my anyone's imagination, but
one beautiful and well engineered ship!
I do know of several other very tall pilots flying 304CZ's..they also made a
special smaller instrument panel for these gliders to allow a bit extra leg
room with bent knees..just depends on not only how tall but the body
make-up...some people have not only height and girth to contend with but
also long or short legs or torso's on tall bodies..
tim
Please visit the Wings & Wheels website at www.wingsandwheels.com

signature database 5648 (20101125) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5648 (20101125) __________

http://www.eset.com

Old November 25th 10, 05:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nigel Cottrell[_2_]

It might be worth trying a Mosquito if that is the sort of price range
he is looking at, it has a pretty roomy cockpit. I doubt the DG 200
would work and it certainly wouldn't with a parachute particularly if
his feet are in proportion to his height!
The ASW 20 might be worth trying with the seat back removed and
a back pack chute but it isn't very wide.( the 19 / Pegase are very
similar if he doesn't fancy flaps.)

Old November 25th 10, 05:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jsbrake[_2_]

Glasfulgel or Slingsby Kestrel is a good possibility. The Glasflugel
604 is even bigger, but only 10 of those were built.

Gentle Green Giant? Kingfish Piloting 4 November 17th 07 02:43 AM
Giant Waves Hit Iowa Gig 601XL Builder Piloting 3 October 19th 07 10:39 PM
Giant Atmospheric Waves 5Z Soaring 5 October 12th 07 11:08 PM
We deny the giant whisky. Jonas Piloting 0 August 14th 07 03:45 AM
A giant for a glider t-tree Soaring 6 February 9th 07 09:28 PM